Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Vaccine

Talk about anything.
simo

Vaccine

Postby simo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:01 pm

Vil has had it for quite a while. She's pushing for me to get it now and to try and use the cohabitation with a front line doc as a justification. I'm content to wait my turn but if she can find me a spot earlier and it puts her at ease, I'll do it. South Carolina is moving at a snails pace though.

I think my dad gets it next week.
wags83

Vaccine

Postby wags83 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:49 pm

Erin got her 2nd dose of Pfizer today and I got my first dose of Moderna today. We're on our way!
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Vaccine

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:08 pm

I got the Johnson and Johnson shot. Not quite as effective as pfizer or moderna, but it also only requires one shot instead of two. It was also what was available to me today. Without knowing how soon I would get a different brand, I opted in getting this.
It's so weird that we are talking about brands of vaccine like it's some sort of consumer grade product.
ejhartman91

Vaccine

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:23 pm

I think the effectiveness of the vaccines is a bit skewed. The newer variants were more present when the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was in testing versus when the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were tested. I believe those two vaccines have shown to be less effective against other strains which lowers their overall effectiveness to be closer to what the J&J vaccine data shows.

Effectiveness aside - any of these will help us reach herd immunity, prevent infections, hospitalizations, and most importantly, deaths. Good for all of you getting vaccinated. I plan to sign up as soon as I can.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Vaccine

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:05 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post It's so weird that we are talking about brands of vaccine like it's some sort of consumer grade product.

I'm waiting for the Sony shot
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:14 am

my wife qualified and got hers on Monday. Moderna first shot with no side affects other than sore arm/little tired after
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Vaccine

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:44 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post It's so weird that we are talking about brands of vaccine like it's some sort of consumer grade product.

I'm waiting for the Sony shot

Sony is ok. If you want throttled immunization speeds.
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:47 pm

got mine this afternoon! Took the place of a cancelled appointment

Moderna- Walmart
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:08 am

sore arm today, no other side affects so far
Tyler
Owner

Vaccine

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:05 pm

blake wrote:Source of the post got mine this afternoon! Took the place of a cancelled appointment

Moderna- Walmart

Did you just hang around at night asking if they had openings? I've heard that is a thing
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:26 pm

blake wrote:Source of the post got mine this afternoon! Took the place of a cancelled appointment

Moderna- Walmart

Did you just hang around at night asking if they had openings? I've heard that is a thing

Yeah that's a thing for sure. Lots of emergency lists in town at various places too

Nope, was a little easier haha My wife forgot to cancel her appointment (because she got one sooner at a different location) and they called and asked if she was coming, etc and she asked if I could take the apt instead, and they said yes, we need to use it up so I rushed over
bmyoungs

Vaccine

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:55 pm

blake wrote:

Moderna- Walmart

Yeah that's a thing for sure. Lots of emergency lists in town at various places too

Nope, was a little easier haha My wife forgot to cancel her appointment (because she got one sooner at a different location) and they called and asked if she was coming, etc and she asked if I could take the apt instead, and they said yes, we need to use it up so I rushed over
Cheater!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
wags83

Vaccine

Postby wags83 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:36 pm

Crazy how many elderly people had to die for Blake to get his vaccine.
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:10 pm

Lol they're way past the elderly here
ejhartman91

Vaccine

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:23 pm

My wife signed me up today. Getting the Pfizer shot tomorrow evening

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Vaccine

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:55 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:My wife signed me up today. Getting the Pfizer shot tomorrow evening

How did she manage that? We are trying to get my FIL in. Do I just have to refresh hy-vee constantly?
ejhartman91

Vaccine

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Yes. I told her I wanted to wait for the state to make all individuals 16 and older eligible but she insisted. I'm pretty sure she just kept hitting refresh on the hy-vee scheduling site for most of the day...I have heard a lot of places are having people book appointments and not show up because they got another appointment somewhere/sometime more convenient and they are having to throw doses out...so I fully intend to make that appointment
Tyler
Owner

Re: Vaccine

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:03 pm

I'm on my way to get the first Pfizer. Father in law has been watching online and is tired of not being fast enough to get a Des Moines appointment so he is going just over the border to Missouri where they have tons and tons of openings. He told me to call and see if I could get it. I called hy-vee and asked and the lady laughed at me, saying of course I can.
ejhartman91

Vaccine

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Once again Iowa finds a way to screw things up. There seems to be no reason they shouldn't announce that eligibility is open to all adults. Clearly they are unable to efficiently deliver vaccinations at the current level of announced eligibility...
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:51 pm

yay at more vaccines

Return to “Off Topic”