Owner

TWD - s09e01

Postby Tyler » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Will be almost 90 minutes long :(
We watching in VR when this starts?
wags83

TWD - s09e01

Postby wags83 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:48 pm

When does it start? I guess if we are watching it might as well be in VR. At least I'll get some enjoyment out of it that way.
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s09e01

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:27 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post When does it start? I guess if we are watching it might as well be in VR. At least I'll get some enjoyment out of it that way.

3 weeks from today I think
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

TWD - s09e01

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:33 am

'The Walking Dead' continues to be the most boring show on television
The premiere of a new season of television should be enticing. It should be exciting. It should pull viewers in and make them want to watch more.

"A New Beginning," the premiere of the ninth season of The Walking Dead, did none of this.

Like most episodes of The Walking Dead, Sunday's premiere was mostly boring, entirely too predictable, and devoid of any stand-out moments or performances. Perhaps this is because the show has gone on for too long. Perhaps this is because the show is afraid to break from the formula it established in Season 1.
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s09e01

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post 'The Walking Dead' continues to be the most boring show on television

That was my main problem with the episode. It has some (dumb) action and Gregory finally got what he deserved, but this didn't have to be an extended episode. It is also dumb to have Gregory survive this long only to be killed off in the premier.

New opening sequence to show the time jump and the new logo is no longer decaying. How much time has past? 1.5 years? Enough time for not-even-showing Maggie to now have a 1 year old(?) Hershel. Let's assume 1 year at least, I could see the show being dumb and trying to act like baby Hershel is a newborn. 1 year and Michonne's idea to have the 4 communities create a charter is a ground breaking idea! Why wasn't that a day 1 thing after Negan was locked up?!

Gabriel's new look is hilarious.

Daryl had more lines in this episode than the past 4 years. A lot of people are actually praising the dialogue online. Sure, the dialogue is better under the new show runner, but that is because it was so bad before.
wags83

TWD - s09e01

Postby wags83 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:08 am

Yeah, another bad episode.

The 3 that watched in VR already discuss this, but I want to bring it up here because it's so stupid. The museum heist at the beginning was reeeeeeaaaalllllly dumb. Not dumb that they would want to get that stuff, but dumb in the execution of getting it. Number 1, the floor would never be made from such brittle, thin glass. But ignoring that, literally the only part of the floor that is glass is right in front of the stairs. Once they got the impossibly heavy wagon safely off the glass, the rest of that stuff is small enough that they could just hop over the banister at the bottom of the steps and safely land on the side of the stairs where the ground is solid.

Speaking of predictable, we were literally looking for any unrecognizable red shirts that would be killed during the heist. As soon as the dude on the horse started talking, we immediately said "he's for sure going to die." We were right.
Tyler
Owner

Re: TWD - s09e01

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 am

Such a dumb plan for such dumb things.

Return to “Shows”