Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

TWD s06e09

Discuss your favorite shows
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Re: TWD s06e09

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Also, abraham and whats her ass were shown sporting all these machine guns with apparently infinite ammo, but then later, they were just randomly in that stupid ass montage hitting things with melee weapons?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:36 pm

Don't. Mock. The. Melee. Montage!

LOL. Saw this on reddit
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:42 pm

Tyler wrote:
Wallinguana wrote:
It's a last resort that isn't guaranteed to work. It is much better to stay away from them if you can.

Sure. A bulletproof vest isn't guaranteed to work, and police would much rather just avoid bullets, but they wear it as a last resort.

Why not always have some guts around you when you are out and about? There have been countless zombie kills in the show of people just not paying attention, maybe be covered in intestines could have prevented some of these.

You're talking about this like they aren't covering themselves in rotting flesh. It isn't something you can do every day. Think of the horrible bacteria they are exposing themselves to. If they were constantly covering themselves in it, people would constantly be sick. Not to mention the fact that it is still super dangerous to put yourself in the middle of a horde of walkers with nothing protecting you but their stupidity.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Since Forbes makes you turn off adblock I will summarize the article

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... 7539aa7c26

1. The rocket launcher.
2. The kid Sam was talking at the very end of the midseason finale, but was quiet in the midseason premiere.
3. Day turns suddenly to night.
4. Would you give your baby to Father Gabriel?
5. Don’t just do something, stand there!
6. Maggie wasn’t actually in any danger.
7. Abraham and Sasha probably would have killed Glenn, too.
8. Daryl wasted a precious rocket to light the pond on fire.

Also... the nurse now knows how to save a gunshot victim missing an eyeball?

I know I am hard on the show. People are calling this the greatest episode of the series, but I have too much fun hate watching it.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:12 am

I was listening to that podcast you guys talk about and they were talking about The Talking Dead (never seen an episode). Few things I found interesting.

1) Director/Makeup artist says that the bullet grazed Carl and cheek bone fragments went into his eye, not the bullet? --- WHAT?!

2) The guest, the actor, and the director all had different things to say about the Wolf and if he actually changed to be a better person to change the doctor
Carrie Underwood: Hard to say. He could have or he could not have.
Actor: The Wolf is a chameleon and he has to adopt to every scenario he finds himself in
Director: He is smitten for the doctor and wants to run off and have little wolf babies

Shouldn't a director and actor be on the same page and be able to broadcast that message to the audience? An actor shouldn't have to make up a fake back story so the scene makes sense to him, it should all be on the screen.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:11 am

TWD has a tendency to come up with these elaborate plot lines after the fact. I mean, Breaking Bad did it to a degree, but at least they put in solid writing on the front-end to back it up.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:49 am

cwilkins88 wrote:TWD has a tendency to come up with these elaborate plot lines after the fact. I mean, Breaking Bad did it to a degree, but at least they put in solid writing on the front-end to back it up.

Breaking Bad did like reverse foreshadowing. They would film something originally and then add something in an episode later that called out that specific thing from before as if they had it planned all along.
Example: At Hank's promotion party they have a cake that looks like him, and the first cut into the cake is in his lower abdomen, where he was later shot by the cousins.
This wasn't planned out from the beginning, but they are aware of what they filmed in the past and that influences the future story.

TWD just says fug off when it comes to the story. They need an entire after show to explain the story because the actual show does such a bad job with handling its own material and characters' motives.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:44 am

Right, and there is nothing wrong with using your previous footage to build stuff in the future, because thats what plot is. But they take it to such a level, that it's ridiculous to watch.

They basically get two hours of airtime to tell 30 seconds of plot, because they can't do it. And they have no incentive to change the formula because people eat this shit up.

My brother irrationally wouldn't talk to me last Thanksgiving because I criticized the writing and pointing some shit out. Although, to be fair, my siblings are really stupid.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:15 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:My brother irrationally wouldn't talk to me last Thanksgiving because I criticized the writing and pointing some shit out. Although, to be fair, my siblings are really stupid.

Is he the one with the yard sign that reads "Emmy for Andrew Lincoln"?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:58 pm

Probably

Return to “Shows”