Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

"The Walking Dead" producers say they will tone down the violence after season premiere backlash

Sundays 9/8c on AMC
Blue Jackets

"The Walking Dead" producers say they will tone down the violence after season premiere backlash

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:46 am

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-wal ... 201962566/

— “The Walking Dead” producers toned down some of the violence in the first half of season seven after strong viewer backlash to a gruesome killing scene in the season opener.

“Walking Dead” exec producer Gale Anne Hurd acknowledged Wednesday that the negative response to the bludgeon slayings of two key characters in the premiere prompted producers to make adjustments in episodes that were still in production at the time of the Oct. 23 season premiere.

“We were able to look at the feedback on the level of violence,” Hurd said during a panel session at the NATPE conference. “We did tone it down for episodes we were still filming for later on in the season.”
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:20 am

There was fan backlash about the violence? I kind of find that hard to believe. Maybe advertisers didn't like it and the show is blaming it on the fans.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:05 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post There was fan backlash about the violence? I kind of find that hard to believe. Maybe advertisers didn't like it and the show is blaming it on the fans.

I'm guessing that's the case. I know people were stunned at what happened but I don't know anyone who complained about it.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:07 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I'm guessing that's the case. I know people were stunned at what happened but I don't know anyone who complained about it.

A couple seasons ago the Terminites were slaughter people like cattle, cutting their necks open and letting them bleed out into a trough. I didn't hear any outcry then either.

Return to “The Walking Dead”