Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

TWD s08e01

Sundays 9/8c on AMC
Tyler
Owner

TWD s08e01

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:25 am

tonight. Remind me, how did the finale end?

Negan pulls up to wreck Rick's crew and Sasha comes out as a zombie and startles him. Then the trash people turn on Rick and take all their guns. Looks like Negan/trash people are going to kill all the Alexandra people but then Carol/Morgan show up with the Kingdom and a lion.

Did Negan/trash people run away? Does Rick still have no guns?
TheJose1972

TWD s08e01

Postby TheJose1972 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 am

Can't wait!!!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
wags83

TWD s08e01

Postby wags83 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Garbage people ran away and Negan retreated but now has his whole army organized.
Tyler
Owner

Re: TWD s08e01

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Little Ass Kicker aged by 2 years since the last season and Maggie still isn't showing for her pregnancy.
Blue Jackets

TWD s08e01

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:57 am

I apologize Wags, because this post will be full of complaints, but before I get to that.

Did anyone else notice the homages to s01? This was the 100th episode and they wanted to pay tribute to the pilot. Here's an album with the pics

Plot-wise I know they can't kill Negan in the season opener. This entire season is suppose to be about the war with Negan, but don't put Rick and 30 guns in a position where they could have easily killed him and all of his lieutenants. Rick and his group have impossibly good aim, but they wasted the opportunity to shoot windows?
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Does Rick still have no guns?

Evidently the trash people didn't take them all. They had all the guns and unlimited ammo cheat on for this episode.

Gabriel has a gun in the trailer with Negan, I'm sure it will be the first time ever a gun has no ammo.

Were the old man Rick things a true flash forward of what we will see later or dreams?
Tyler
Owner

TWD s08e01

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Were the old man Rick things a true flash forward of what we will see later or dreams?

Spoilers:
The things in the flash forward happen in the comics after a time jump that takes place after the Negan War, however, I still can't decide if they were flash forwards of what will be or if they were just dream/teases for comic readers.

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Did anyone else notice the homages to s01? This was the 100th episode and they wanted to pay tribute to the pilot. Here's an album with the pics

That's cool, but I also thought it was a big waste of time for the episode. For as much shooting as their was in the last bit, this episode was slow.
wags83

TWD s08e01

Postby wags83 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:22 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post I apologize Wags, because this post will be full of complaints, but before I get to that.

Lolz, thanks for the pre-apology.

I ended up not watching last night. After our failed attempt to watch in VR, I got a headache and went to bed.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD s08e01

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:04 am

I wish they'd stop with the introspective flash forward memory lens flare crap. Every time they cut away from literally anything happening to that, I just wanted to shut it off.

Also, I don't get Rick's plan. Was his goal to shoot the windows out, so that they'd freeze during the winter? Glass is hard to make where they are and their heating bill is going to go through the roof now.

Here is the scenario with the Priest in the trailer. Negan starts talking and immediately gets shot through the face. No way the priest would just listen to him talk about shitting pants for 30 minutes without doing something.
Tyler
Owner

TWD s08e01

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:17 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I wish they'd stop with the introspective flash forward memory lens flare crap. Every time they cut away from literally anything happening to that, I just wanted to shut it off.

I did not like that at all either. I like to think it was the show saying "please don't stop watching guys, look, things are different in the future"
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Also, I don't get Rick's plan. Was his goal to shoot the windows out, so that they'd freeze during the winter? Glass is hard to make where they are and their heating bill is going to go through the roof now.

LOL. Reminds me of something I saw on Reddit:
Those f**king windows had it coming. You know how hard it will be to find someone in an apocalypse to fix this? And how do you find replacement windows when nobody is producing them anymore? Sure, they will survive it but is it really worth living if all you do is replace windows just so that someone can shoot them again? Find out in the next three episodes where your favorite characters will be extensively debating such philosophical questions!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD s08e01

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 am

Haha, that's great. I thought at first it was like covering fire or something while the horde arrived? But that whole skirmish made no difference.

HAHA! we killed nobody and took no supplies. Eat it Negan!

(of course the horde will somehow kill 5 people with no names though)
TheJose1972

TWD s08e01

Postby TheJose1972 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:33 am

It was ok. I am sure that Neegan will die in the last episode or save his death till next season to hook the fans in. I thought it was a big waste of ammo shooting out the Windows.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
wags83

TWD s08e01

Postby wags83 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 am

I'm getting on the cynical bus with all of you regarding this episode. Negan arogantly strolls out of the facility with absolutely no cover, Rick should have shot one time and Negan is dead. Then he could shoot a few more times and kill the other leaders of the saviors.

I get if there is a bigger plan in the works, even if it is a dumb one, but then a couple minutes later Rick is frantically trying to kill Negan now that he has the cover of the strongest sheet metal in the world.

And yes, the priest should have immediately started shooting when he heard Negan.

I also am annoyed by the flashbacks/forwards. It adds nothing to the story at this point because it's so abstract and just distracts from the current episode.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:20 am

We are starting to convert Wagner!

I didn't like that there was no explaining of the plan, just weird scenes of it happening. They probably didn't want to explain it because it was a horrible plan and hoped people would just be excited to see the set pieces
wags83

TWD s08e01

Postby wags83 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:31 am

One thing I liked was Rick's countdown waiting for the other saviors to surrender. Started counting down from 10 and then opens fire at 7 was badass, until I realized he was only shooting at windows and not actual people.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD s08e01

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:51 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post One thing I liked was Rick's countdown waiting for the other saviors to surrender. Started counting down from 10 and then opens fire at 7 was badass, until I realized he was only shooting at windows and not actual people.

It was definitely cool until it wasn't.
Tyler
Owner

TWD s08e01

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:02 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post ‘Walking Dead’ Season 8 Premiere: Piracy Downloads Drop 42% From Last Year

You know a show is bad when pirates stop bothering with it.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Podcast brought up a funny point. Rick kept preaching that only one person had to die but he killed 7+ guards and didn't even try killing Negan
wags83

TWD s08e01

Postby wags83 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:05 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Podcast brought up a funny point. Rick kept preaching that only one person had to die but he killed 7+ guards and didn't even try killing Negan

Speaking of this, they had their list of the outposts and crossed them off as each one was killed. What was up with the first guy in the tree stand? He killed himself but did they put the zombie at the base of the tree to make him do that? How did they know he would?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:10 pm

I assumed he was in a tree stand and they shot him dead so he fell off.

Return to “The Walking Dead”