Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

TWD s08e02

Sundays 9/8c on AMC
Tyler
Owner

TWD s08e02

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:13 pm

I'm really glad we watched that in VR because that was the only entertaining thing about the episode. That was awful. I wish we ere let in on the plan better so we could actually follow what is going on now. Rick made 3 smaller groups to take out smaller outposts after the initial attack? Where is everyone, how did they get there? Were all of these people at the Savior compound last week?

I didn't remember Morales, but he was the Hispanic guy from Atlanta in season 1 who left with his wife and kids before the group went to the CDC.
Blue Jackets

TWD s08e02

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 am

My favorite part was when the 1 archer lady shot 2 arrows within 1 second
Tyler
Owner

TWD s08e02

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:19 am

This Reddit post can at least make sense of the episode.

-The overall strategy is to hit outlying facilities while walkers crawl all over the sanctuary. Sanctuary is too busy to back up the outposts, and the outposts are now going to be unable to help the sanctuary.
-Ezekiel and Carol are tracking a lookout and trying to kill him before he gets back to his facility so they can invade. They did not count on him having a radio, because they are stupid.
-Jesus, Morgan, and Tara, and kingdom folk are hitting the satellite facility. Again. The goal seems to be to hurt saviors manpower.
-Aaron, Eric, Tobin, Daryl, and Rick are part of the same group hitting the same facility. Aaron's team stays outside and pins the defenders down in the courtyard. Daryl and Rick are to go in stealth mode and secure a weapons cache, then help mop up from the high windows facing the courtyard. However, the weapons haven't been found yet. Could be they just haven't been found yet, could be bad intel, or it could be that they happened to attack on maintenance day and the weapons are down in the courtyard getting maintenanced.
-Ezekiel is willing to go to his death if necessary to keep his people confident. Carol thinks he crazy.
-After a long commitment to a quiet life of Buddhism and making cheese, Morgan has decided to kill everyone. Everyone.
-Morales, a character with a two minute bit part in season one whose return has been a long running joke on this subreddit, has actually returned. It turns out that he is Negan.
-Rick Grimes told a recently orphaned infant, "You're on your own."
wags83

TWD s08e02

Postby wags83 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:05 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post My favorite part was when the 1 archer lady shot 2 arrows within 1 second

Lol, we commented on that same thing.

This season is not off to a good start. This episode was pure chaos, and not in a way that works. You couldn't make heads or tales of anything. And they continue to try to be super introspective with the super close-up camera shots of people's faces with no context. It doesn't add anything to the story.
Tyler
Owner

Re: TWD s08e02

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:57 am

I liked when Eric got shot. We all saw it coming.
"Are you okay?"
No signs of blood
*Looks at stomach*
*Blood starts gushing*

If Aaron would never had looked at Eric's stomach the blood never would have started.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD s08e02

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:09 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I liked when Eric got shot. We all saw it coming.
"Are you okay?"
No signs of blood
*Looks at stomach*
*Blood starts gushing*

If Aaron would never had looked at Eric's stomach the blood never would have started.

Nobody can die off-screen. If they just had the camera men stop, they'd all be immortal.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD s08e02

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:11 am

At least partial strategy was used instead of kill windows to death.

Rick is a monster. He's much worse than Negan if you discount the whole raping people's wives and keeping them for yourself.
Tyler
Owner

Re: TWD s08e02

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:46 pm

My podcast summarized this episode perfectly. It was like watching Oceans 11 but not knowing the plan or even the objective. Nothing makes sense

Return to “The Walking Dead”