Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

TWD - s08e08

Sundays 9/8c on AMC
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s08e08

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:10 am

I'm so glad this was an extended episode, we couldn't have had all the face montages with the episode wasn't an extra 15 minutes long. During the episode I asked if we would even recognize a good episode of this show, we don't need to worry about that because this was another bad one.

The Saviors went from being cut off and dying to having enough men to surround the hilltop, Alexandria, and Kingdom all at once. They kept saying they owe everything to Eugene, but we have no idea what Eugene even did to allow them all out. Was it honestly just that he promised to make bullets so they could waste them all now to kill the Walkers that were walking through the front door thanks to Daryl?

Remember when Rick had Negan on the ground dazed and chose to not hit him with the bat? Or when Rick spent an episode recruiting the trash people just so they could run away.

Oceanside coming back out of nowhere? Wut.

Obviously Carl didn't get bit this episode, so I figured it happened when he was recruiting the new guy. Someone on Reddit found the exact moment. 1:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZgGUiC ... be&t=1m24s

This is Chandler Rigg's dad
wags83

TWD - s0808

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:01 am

Ah, I see you also saw the Reddit post regarding Riggs' dad.

Yeah, another bad episode. If they would just let us in on what's supposed to be happening, I would feel a lot more engaged in the show. Everyone seems to have a plan but we don't know if the plan is going good or bad because we have no idea what any of the plans are. And the "Thank God for Eugene!" bit is super annoying. What could he possibly have done? If it is as simple as "You guys should just kill all those zombies and I promise I'll make more bullets" then that's the dumbest thing ever that they keep praising him. I would consider not watching anymore if it wasn't for watching in BigScreen on VR where I can bitch about it with others.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD - s0808

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:31 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'm so glad this was an extended episode, we couldn't have had all the face montages with the episode wasn't an extra 15 minutes long.

LOL
Tyler wrote:Source of the post They kept saying they owe everything to Eugene, but we have no idea what Eugene even did to allow them all out.

This is because even the creators don't know and have several months to figure it out now. They write reactionary stories, not actual writing.

Carl JUST bought a house near set so he could be close to work. So either AMC are just a bunch of really big assholes, or they are going to use the priest/doctor to do some pseudo cure. Or at least treat non-deadly bites.
Tyler
Owner

Re: TWD - s0808

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 am

Wilkins, I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if all of this was fake bad PR just to get people talking and then they find a way to keep Carl on the show.

Or the last 10 seasons of the show spans 4 days and they never have to kill him off.
wags83

TWD - s0808

Postby wags83 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:14 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Or the last 10 seasons of the show spans 4 days and they never have to kill him off.

Lolz, this is so bad it just might work.
Tyler
Owner

Re: TWD - s0808

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Podcast this week is 2 hours long. I love listening to people rip this show apart
purple_hayes

TWD - s0808

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the postCarl JUST bought a house near set so he could be close to work. So either AMC are just a bunch of really big assholes, or they are going to use the priest/doctor to do some pseudo cure. Or at least treat non-deadly bites.

AMC comfirmed that Carl is dead... when they return after the midseason break. This show jumped the shark the moment they brought Negan on... maybe even when they decided to make Scott Gimble... Gimple... whatever that A hole's name is... the showrunner. Ruined the show.

I mean... how in the world can you fuck up on the most compelling, action packed, gut wrenching storyline of the comic. You were handed a perfect story... then you totally fumble it.

It all starts with the worst kept secret... Glenn dies... but after you decide to kill Denise instead of Abraham with an arrow to the head, you kill Abraham off with Lucille? Are you fucking dumb? the All out war storyline is amazing because of what Rick does to bring 5 communities together to bond over his vision of a better future by getting rid of the Saviors and working together in harmony. Where is this vision? Why is Rick such a bitch? Sweet Geezus!! I don't even watch the show anymore and I still hate the new seasons. After losing his eye, Carl becomes this bad ass... um... yeah, didn't see that. No way comic book Carl gets bit. This show is a shell of what it once was.
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s0808

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:10 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post AMC comfirmed that Carl is dead... when they return after the midseason break.

As in he won't be in season 8b at all? I still don't trust anything they say though.

There should be a thesis written about this show.
Early seasons were almost all good, with a few duds here and there.
Then it switched to 1/3 awesome, 1/3 okay, and 1/3 bad episodes.
Next it went to great openers and finales, but the middle episodes were a drag.
This season did not have a single standout episode. It's honestly a challenge to find more than a handful of good scenes in the 8 episode stretch.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD - s08e08

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post AMC comfirmed that Carl is dead... when they return after the midseason break.

As in he won't be in season 8b at all? I still don't trust anything they say though.

This season did not have a single standout episode. It's honestly a challenge to find more than a handful of good scenes in the 8 episode stretch.

They said he would be in the very next episode and that'ps it.
purple_hayes

TWD - s08e08

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:13 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post

They said he would be in the very next episode and that'ps it.

Yep, that's what I read. They kill him off first ep of the second half... Feb 25th seems like the day they listed but do not hold me to that.
purple_hayes

TWD - s08e08

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Tyler wrote:There should be a thesis written about this show.

OMG! I so agree with you on this. Season 6 on, it seemed they had maybe a 2 or 3 ep outline but didn't know where they wanted to go with it. Its frustrating as a viewer to deal with their ineptitude.

I understand you want to expand on and tweak the comic book storyline. But they have gone WAY off the deep end.
Blue Jackets

TWD - s08e08

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:33 am

The Walking Dead is still a tough act to follow, but it's definitely trailing its own heyday. Sunday's midseason finale, while avoiding another season low, brought in 25 percent fewer viewers than the comparable episode last fall.

Episode eight of the zombie drama's eighth season averaged nearly 7.9 million viewers and a 3.4 rating among adults 18-49 in live-plus-same day returns. As it stands, that's the lowest-rated finale, midseason or otherwise, since the series' second year, which aired all the way back in 2011. The most recent live score is still up a shade from the previous week's season low, which marked The Walking Dead's smallest audience in six seasons, but it's one of the clearest signs yet that the show is on the downturn.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ow-1066717
wags83

TWD - s08e08

Postby wags83 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

Probably because it's bad.

Return to “The Walking Dead”