Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

TWD - s08e10

Sundays 9/8c on AMC
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s08e10

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:17 am

After killing off Carl and seeing that this episode featured the trash people, I'll confess that I was worried about the quality. I'll be the first to admit though, that I was right.

This is a least the 8th time Rick has said "I'm going to kill you" to Negan. I can't wait to see Rick slowly reflect on Carl's dying wishes and then not kill Negan. This will be exciting because it's the first time TWD has ever flip-flopped a character's stance on killing. Oh wait... Carol and Morgan have each done it 4 times, Jesus is doing it right now against Maggie, oh and Daryl was just a couple episodes ago. I love these interesting and original character themes.

Thank goodness for the large title scenes of character names, I would have no idea what character we were seeing otherwise. (Now I'm being salty just for the sake of it).

Part that bothered me the most-
Rick, Michonne, and Jadis acting as if they were trapped in the trash and the only way out was through the walkers/storage container. You guys JUST climbed to the top of a trash pile, why not just stay on top of the pile and walk around the walkers? Humans are capable of traversing terrain other than flat ground.

Halfway interesting thing-
Jadis talking in full sentences once everyone was dead. The trash people talked like idiots to appear like idiots? They might even own the helicopter that Rick saw flying last season, you know, the one that he never mentioned to anyone ever, because that isn't important information. They were also using solar panels. I was hoping we would see one of the trash piles was hollowed out and they living very civilized lives in there, but of course not.

I will give her credit for the zombie kills.

Is she going to be pissed at Rick and try to gun him down or try to prove to him that she's worth accepting into his group? Negan's people killed all of her people. Rick just shot above her head, I guess he is the good guy?

I'm seeing a lot of Reddit posts talking about how great this episode was and it's a return to form. I've given up on the show so I can't see a good episode when there is one, but I don't think this was it. It wasn't as slow as last week's, but I wouldn't call it good. The stuff with Rick/Negan at the end was good when Negan was feeling sad for Carl and blaming Rick, but the conversation ended like every single one of their talks does every time.
wags83

TWD - s08e10

Postby wags83 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 am

Definitely not as bad as last week but definitely not good. I still think the writers/directors are messing with us with how bad they do some things. The scene when Rick and Michonne walk into Garbageland and the pile of garbage starts falling down to block the entrance, then they take a good 2 seconds to dramatically look up at it and try to react...that was bad. That reminded me of the kind of acting you see in a workplace safety corporate training video.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: TWD - s08e10

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 am

Tyler wrote:
Thank goodness for the large title scenes of character names, I would have no idea what character we were seeing otherwise. (Now I'm being salty just for the sake of it).

I should have written this. Maybe I did?!

https://www.avclub.com/the-walking-dead ... 1823499464
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD - s08e10

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:54 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Thank goodness for the large title scenes of character names, I would have no idea what character we were seeing otherwise. (Now I'm being salty just for the sake of it).

WTF was this about? It made no sense, and they didn't do it to begin with for Michonne/Rick. BUT ITS FANCY EDITING!!

Speaking of that, when they first went into the dumper fire trash people, and the 'trap' knocked down all the trash behind them, and there was like a 3 second pause before they looked up, pretended to be startled and stared at the camera. My god, that was bad acting. Just saw that wags also commented on this above.

Also...if that girls entirely people were killed, how did that trap even get set up when she was playing princess lawn chair? She was so shocked, she learned how to speak in entire sentences!

Also, how many times are we going to do the seacoast base, "we dont like people!!!" "but we need help!" "kill them, wait i wont kill them, but dont ever come back" "we're going back!!!"
wags83

TWD - s08e10

Postby wags83 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:24 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Also, how many times are we going to do the seacoast base, "we dont like people!!!" "but we need help!" "kill them, wait i wont kill them, but dont ever come back" "we're going back!!!"

This is such a good representation of the entire show the last few seasons. The same circular story lines over and over and over.
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s08e10

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:05 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Also, how many times are we going to do the seacoast base, "we dont like people!!!" "but we need help!" "kill them, wait i wont kill them, but dont ever come back" "we're going back!!!"

It makes even less sense the more you think about it
1) Aaron doesn't know about Alexandria being bombed. When he left they were WINNING the war against Negan. If he thought they were winning why would he say they needed help?
2) They took all of their guns! Seashore has no firepower because Rick took it. They can offer a dozen strong women, but is that going to turn the tide on anything?

My podcast has been trying to figure out the importance of the blue paint and I thought of something they didn't. TWD likes to think they are Quentin Tarantino with the time jumps. I think the blue point spill was suppose to be a hint that Simon's stuff happened before Rick's...even though that is spelled out later. Rick stepped in the paint after it was knocked over, 10 mins later we see Simon is the one to knock it over first even though his story segment came after Rick's. WOW! AMAZING STORY TELLING! Someone call Nolan, TWD does multiple time lines better than Dunkirk.
wags83

TWD - s08e10

Postby wags83 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post My podcast has been trying to figure out the importance of the blue paint and I thought of something they didn't. TWD likes to think they are Quentin Tarantino with the time jumps. I think the blue point spill was suppose to be a hint that Simon's stuff happened before Rick's...even though that is spelled out later. Rick stepped in the paint after it was knocked over, 10 mins later we see Simon is the one to knock it over first even though his story segment came after Rick's. WOW! AMAZING STORY TELLING! Someone call Nolan, TWD does multiple time lines better than Dunkirk.

So basically you're saying that we are overthinking it and it's even dumber than we thought.
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s08e10

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:20 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post So basically you're saying that we are overthinking it and it's even dumber than we thought.

This is always the case.

Return to “The Walking Dead”