Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

TWD - s08e15

Sundays 9/8c on AMC
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s08e15

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:06 am

I actually enjoyed some parts of this episode, but overall it was a dud.

I really enjoyed the tension between Negan and Simon/Dwight. I had no idea if Negan was going to smash Simon in the conference room or not. I also liked Negan toying with Dwight during the episode. Everyone watching knew that he picked up the girl last week (who wasn't barcode girl. I was thinking she was the survivor from Dwight turning on them), so it wasn't that big of a shock when she was revealed to be in his room. Ugh..I was trying to compliment the show and now I am going to go into a tangent. TWD doesn't understand how to do cliffhangers. The point of a cliffhanger is to leave the audience stunned/emotional. Teasing up until the action and then cutting is not how do you cliffhanger. Negan picking up the girl last week would have been a good cliffhanger, we know that she knows about Dwight. Would have added a lot of tension. 3 seasons ago it would have been a great season finale cliffhanger to have Negan kill Glenn. TWD would rather leave things open ended and force audience to guess who it is. That isn't an interesting conversation. "I think it's X that Negan kills", "No, I think it's X" vs "I can't believe Negan killed X. How is Y going to react? Is this going to set Z down a path of total destruction?"

Anyways...Steve Ogg as Simon was great. He will be missed. Cool that he is the one who killed all the Oceanside men. Dude was crazy.

The Rosita/Daryl/Eugene stuff was horrible. It was so terrible. Eugene pukes on Rosita and gets away?! Daryl the amazing tracker didn't see foot prints in ashes? Rosita didn't instantly catch him? It still makes me mad thinking about this. Plus, weren't his hands tied?

I'm sure Dwight's plot armor will be thick enough to save him. Actually, I could see a scenario where Daryl saves him.

Prediction for next week.
Oceanside to the rescue right when Negan is about to win
wags83

TWD - s08e15

Postby wags83 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:12 am

I agree that there were some somewhat enjoyable parts of this episode but the bad parts were very bad. I'm trying to think of something to add but you basically covered it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD - s08e15

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:54 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post The Rosita/Daryl/Eugene stuff was horrible. It was so terrible. Eugene pukes on Rosita and gets away?! Daryl the amazing tracker didn't see foot prints in ashes? Rosita didn't instantly catch him? It still makes me mad thinking about this. Plus, weren't his hands tied?

I'm sure Dwight's plot armor will be thick enough to save him. Actually, I could see a scenario where Daryl saves him.

This was super dumb. Major lols when I saw it. I like Dwight, he is actually interesting to me.

Return to “The Walking Dead”