TWD - s08e16

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Watching the finale
Yes, we all have fat bodies and red tanks
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s08e16

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:27 am

This episode was...fine? Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of issues with it and it was actually a pretty lackluster finale, but it wasn't the worst of the season. Having said that, I can't think of anything positive to say about the show so I will get right into crapping on it.

The entire saviors arc felt simultaneously drawn out and rushed, impressive?

Eugene deciding last second to actually be a good guy and sabotaging all of the bullets. What?
1) It was comically dumb seeing all of the guns fail at the same time like that
2) He had an assembly line of people helping with bullets, how did all of the bullets get made wrong?

Molotov cocktails are grenades apparently. Oceanside showing up didn't really change anything. Tara and her group had the element of surprise. They would have wiped out those saviors from the trees without an issue.

"Save him". Rick literally cut his throat open. You can't just say that and expect a pre-med student to sa...nvm, Negan is alive and fine.

Jesus was missing almost this entire half season. I think he got his first words of the season last night. Jesus's policy has always been NOT killing, he even said that this episode with Morgan. Why the heck is Jesus mad that Rick didn't kill Negan? I can see why Maggie and Daryl are, but Jesus?

I don't want a civil war fight in our group. Ugh...s09 plot I guess.
wags83

TWD - s08e16

Postby wags83 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:51 am

Very anti-climactic "final battle" of the war with the Saviors. It also seems like the entirety of the Saviors/Sanctuary had absolutely no problem with their entire ways of life changing now that Negan was overthrown.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: TWD - s08e16

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:07 am

wags83 wrote:Very anti-climactic "final battle" of the war with the Saviors. It also seems like the entirety of the Saviors/Sanctuary had absolutely no problem with their entire ways of life changing now that Negan was overthrown.
Right?! Simon and Negan were the only 2 out of hundreds that were actually loyal to the idea of "saviors".
Tyler
Owner

TWD - s08e16

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:21 am

That is not good.... Still a huge show on TV, but oh how the mighty has fallen
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD - s08e16

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:31 pm

This was real bad. Jesus suddenly loves to murder, even though that won't be the plan anyway and it'll just be Maggie's fake accent and her taking control which she should because she's better, not as an actor but as a leader.....well until she became an unstable mess about not killing negan.

Ocean side arc had no impact to this whole season. Trash people had no impact to the whole season because negan would've killed Simon for hilltop or whatever anyway.

Mullet had no point in this season because the saviors would've died with or without the bullets if you think about it

Michonne didn't do anything this season. Maggie didn't really do anything, Jesus, aaron, scarred face and other brunette girl who lost her gf played almost no part.

The only thing that happened was dwight and regurgitating plotlines for Morgan, Rick, and Carol.

This show is shit. I'm done watching

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: TWD - s08e16

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Wow!!! I'll believe it next season

Interesting point about Eugene. If he didn't exist no bullets would have been made, Rick wins. Which is also BS. Negan's men seem like ex-military, hunters, etc. One of them would know how to make bullets or at least have the ability to read a book about it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD - s08e16

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Tyler wrote:Wow!!! I'll believe it next season

Interesting point about Eugene. If he didn't exist no bullets would have been made, Rick wins. Which is also BS. Negan's men seem like ex-military, hunters, etc. One of them would know how to make bullets or at least have the ability to read a book about it.
Woah woah woah wait. You're telling me that all of Rick's people huddled together, an inch apart from each other, DOWNHILL on all sides wouldn't have defeated a well organized and planner counter attack?!? We're clearly watching different shows

Tyler
Owner

Re: TWD - s08e16

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Something my podcast discussed that we did during the live watch. Was there even a herd in the distance? They were watching an HD copy, not a stream like us, and had the same confusion
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

TWD - s08e16

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Tyler wrote:Something my podcast discussed that we did during the live watch. Was there even a herd in the distance? They were watching an HD copy, not a stream like us, and had the same confusion
Zoom in. If their cgi for zombie herds is as good as their deer, I'm sure it's unmistakable

Return to “The Walking Dead”