Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

User avatar
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor
Posts: 4564
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:36 am

User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:54 am

This isn't nearly as exciting as the Nintendo classic consoles. People have a soft spot for the older pixel 2D games, plus their art style is kind of timeless. PS 3D graphics do not hold up. I would never want to replay these titles, whereas replaying SNES or NES Mario will always be fun.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 4000
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:49 am

I have a Ps2 lying around somewhere probably that can play playstation 1 games..so...can prob just borrow that.
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 3378
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:30 am

I guess it really depends on the games included.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:52 am

Amazon and Walmart have this marked down to $40. This failed big time
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 3378
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:03 am

Maybe because I didn't have Playstation until PS2, but the list of games weren't too great. I had no nostalgia for the games. Also you can get some of the more iconic games via Playstation store on your PS4 or PS3. Not to mention many games from the era are getting remade or remasters. Crash, Spyro, Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy 7.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:17 am

DannyFanny wrote:Maybe because I didn't have Playstation until PS2, but the list of games weren't too great. I had no nostalgia for the games. Also you can get some of the more iconic games via Playstation store on your PS4 or PS3. Not to mention many games from the era are getting remade or remasters. Crash, Spyro, Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy 7.
Agreed. I didn't have one until PS2, but that game list is horrible. If this gets down to $20 I would buy though just because I enjoy a slickdeal.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 4000
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:Maybe because I didn't have Playstation until PS2, but the list of games weren't too great. I had no nostalgia for the games. Also you can get some of the more iconic games via Playstation store on your PS4 or PS3. Not to mention many games from the era are getting remade or remasters. Crash, Spyro, Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy 7.
Agreed. I didn't have one until PS2, but that game list is horrible. If this gets down to $20 I would buy though just because I enjoy a slickdeal.


Don't get it even then. There are many videos about how they used the PAL version of this, so they are getting like 20 fps and look like shit.
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4538
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:29 pm

The only good thing about the PS1 I had was it was the mini travel version that plugged in to the cigarette lighter and had a small screen. It was awesome in hotels and what have you and infinitely better than the gameboy I also had. Although I have more fond memories of the games on Gameboy, but nintendo

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 pm

bmyoungs wrote:The only good thing about the PS1 I had was it was the mini travel version that plugged in to the cigarette lighter and had a small screen. It was awesome in hotels and what have you and infinitely better than the gameboy I also had. Although I have more fond memories of the games on Gameboy, but nintendo

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
We had the screen that slid on top of the PS2 for the car. It was so big and bulky. Many memories playing that and then throwing up from being car sick.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11209
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby wags83 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:51 pm

I was more of a Sega GameGear fan because it took 45 double A batteries and lasted 18 minutes.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:09 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I was more of a Sega GameGear fan because it took 45 double A batteries and lasted 18 minutes.

Plus the movie Surf Ninjas
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4538
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

PlayStation Classic - $100. 20 games, 2 controllers

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:The only good thing about the PS1 I had was it was the mini travel version that plugged in to the cigarette lighter and had a small screen. It was awesome in hotels and what have you and infinitely better than the gameboy I also had. Although I have more fond memories of the games on Gameboy, but nintendo

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
We had the screen that slid on top of the PS2 for the car. It was so big and bulky. Many memories playing that and then throwing up from being car sick.
This was the one we had. It was when they shrunk the PS1 mid cycle. I can imagine the PS1 was very bulky by comparison.

I'm glad I never had car sickness issues
Screenshot_20190212-221659.jpeg
Screenshot_20190212-221659.jpeg (36.93 KiB) Viewed 98 times


Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest