Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Cook-Out - VR - Quest

Tyler
Owner

Cook-Out - VR - Quest

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:46 am

Be prepared for VR game reviews coming that no one will probably care about.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/ques ... cale=en_US

Jocelyn and I just played this, it was a lot of fun. Co-op cooking game where each person has their own station and limited ingredients, so you need to work together to make the sandwiches. Things got tough when new customers with different kinds of demands started coming in. It is limited to only sandwiches, but that didn't really matter since there are so many different combinations.

We only did 2 players, but it supports up to 4. I think that would be just as much fun as doing 4 player Overcooked, but maybe less crazy since you are limited to your own set of tools and abilities. Not everyone can do everything.
Tyler
Owner

Cook-Out - VR - Quest

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Played with Evie (5) and her cousin (7?) in 3 player mode. My dad was supposed to join but he was having connection issues.

It's fun and awful playing with kids who would rather just mess around than play the actual game. I really needed 1 more adult in there to compensate for them, but adding players also scales the difficulty up.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Co-op cooking game where each person has their own station and limited ingredients, so you need to work together to make the sandwiches.

I found while playing with the kids that nothing stops you from reaching over and stealing their ingredients, so you aren't completely gridlocked when they decide to not play the game and instead throw knives at the little cartoon onion that taunts you and then moves around the room once hit.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Cook-Out - VR - Quest

Postby Tyler » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:09 pm

We had a double date tonight tonight with Feddersen and Kylle. Last time we did mini golf and just a little bit of cook-out, this time we played the full 2 hours of just Cook-out. We are getting so good and figuring out how to maximize each round.

We have all said this before, but the battery life needs to be better on these. True, 2 hours is probably enough and makes for a good stopping point, but I would have played more. I think my battery was running extra fast because I was casting for evie to watch.

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”