Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Witcher 3: The Hunt

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:53 pm

Played another hour or so last night. Steam says I already have 7+ hours into this game which I find insane. 2 of that has to be just messing with my display and TV settings, but I guess I did spend awhile on some sidequests. I got far enough that I have the whole world unlocked and I'm not sure what to do next.

Light spoilers...
Wilkins, I learned I have to find Ciri. She is missing. Seems like it has been years (decade?) since I saw her last. The emperor wants me to find him and he is a real d1k4. He also says he is Ciri's dad? Is that the hedgehog guy? Am I getting people confused? I thought her dad was dead.

My main story objective is to go look in 3 cities and find info on her, but there is nothing on the map showing where to go for these so I am a little confused. I have also have dozens of sidequest things on the map now so I am going to do some of those first...oh and the DLC is now open since I am in the free roaming part of the map. It says not to start them until level 30 though so I will be sure no to pick DLC content in the quest mini.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Light spoilers...
Wilkins, I learned I have to find Ciri. She is missing. Seems like it has been years (decade?) since I saw her last. The emperor wants me to find him and he is a real d1k4. He also says he is Ciri's dad? Is that the hedgehog guy? Am I getting people confused? I thought her dad was dead.

I do not understand this piece at all. I always thought Geralt was her dad, i get he's sterile, but thats about all the games refer to him as. I do not understand how the emperor claimed her, as Geralt/Yennefer/Yesemir raised her.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:50 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I always thought Geralt was her dad, i get he's sterile, but thats about all the games refer to him as.

So the show gave you a lot of background info you never had? Like the law of surprise and how they were destined to be together.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:49 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I always thought Geralt was her dad, i get he's sterile, but thats about all the games refer to him as.

So the show gave you a lot of background info you never had? Like the law of surprise and how they were destined to be together.

Yup. Maybe they covered it in 1 though.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:11 pm

I played a bit last night and was getting so pissed that I was walking so slow and couldn't run. I played for over an hour thinking it was a bug in my save and that a reboot would fix it...but it didn't. I should have googled it earlier, turns out I was carrying too much. Once I ditched all the rusty swords from my backpack I could run again.

I think there is a PC mod to increase carry size. I think I will do that just so I dont have to worry about it again.
Some other mods I might get:
Fast travel from anywhere.
Jump in shallow water
Slow down time when a critical hit is landed
Auto-apply oil --- I havent used oils yet but this could be useful
Auto-loot
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Witcher 3: The Hunt

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:39 pm

I played a couple short session this week. There is just so much to do in this game that is is overwhelming. I'm on one of the main quests (there are like 6) and it is going on forever. So many things keep happening. I can leave it at anytime to do something else on the game, but now I'm invested.

I can't decide if this game is right for my gaming style or not. I think linear games or <10 hour stories is what makes sense for me.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 am

I played some more nights this week. I'm sticking with it even though the game feels like I am making no progress. Some quests take hours and hours. I'm grateful for the fast travel mod, that is helping.

Why am I so bad at gwent?! I played just that for an hour so I could beat the Baron. Before you start a game do you discard "bad" cards so you start with a smaller deck? I noticed the Baron has like 15 on his pile and I had 25 to choose from. Throughout the game he also seemed to lay a lot more cards that let him pick more cards. At the end of the game I was out of my 10 play cards and he had 4 left.

What is your strategy? Do you use your big values right away to win the first round or save them?

So far I only can play as the green deck. I don't have any other cards to play other hands.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:18 pm

I'm such a cheat, but I am trying this. I never have enough money to repair my stuff.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/342
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:26 pm

Wags, you have 3.5 hours logged. What's going on?! I'm up to 14 and still haven't decided if I love this game or not. It feels very clunky at times compared to an Arkham,.Spiderman, or Mordor game
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:44 am

I will get back into it. I rarely have time for gaming and the last time I decided to allocate time to it, I did VR. Maybe this weekend I'll log some hours.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:16 pm

What the fug is this!?!

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Am I ever going to play this game again? The more I don't play the less desire I have to get back into it

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”