Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

CPT PC Gaming Club

ritterc

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby ritterc » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:37 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I don't even know you anymore. I kind of remember you playing in college. The game probable runs a lot better on your desktop than your Mac....or maybe it doesn't matter. I heard the game is 15 years old and still looks like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohobqehJX0

Take it as you will. This is our first kill against the endgame boss on the hardest difficulty - so you get a chance to see quite a bit of stress on the ole GPU. I love the graphics as they are - it's part of the game.
CrckrJack

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:41 am

ritterc wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post I don't even know you anymore. I kind of remember you playing in college. The game probable runs a lot better on your desktop than your Mac....or maybe it doesn't matter. I heard the game is 15 years old and still looks like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohobqehJX0

Take it as you will. This is our first kill against the endgame boss on the hardest difficulty - so you get a chance to see quite a bit of stress on the ole GPU. I love the graphics as they are - it's part of the game.

Hey that's me!

Oh shit that has 211 views. i'm famous.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:05 am

I was being a smartass about the graphics. Someone at work used that as super evidence when he said the game was dumb and so was Tim for playing it. I know the game has been updated since the original.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Had a successful session of R6S tonight with Wags and Corey. Once Corey stopped team killing all of us we were able to actually win missions with just 3 of us. If we get our 4th team member on next time we could try a higher difficulty.

Not that anyone really plays other than us 3, but I still updated the first post to show Wags has R6 and that Salvo has Overwatch.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:11 am

Back in college it was no big deal to get a group of us online playing a game, but now I feel like I have to post about it every time we do it successfully.

Played Rainbow Six Siege with Wags and Corey last night. Like every time before, there was an update that took us 1 minute and Wagner 20. For not playing the game very much, we are getting decent at it. I think we could beat any scenario on the normal difficulty with just 3 players. Our problem is Corey gets bored and starts team killing or runs off by himself and dies. As long as you take it slow and work together it's beatable.

After Corey killed us we went to Rocket League were we went 3-0, even with Wagner having a ping of 800. Wagner has a pretty low ranking so I wonder if it was pulling in easy players because of him.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:17 am

I think I'm going to start doing some gaming at night. I haven't played Ark for like...a month. CAVEAT: I loaded it to test my graphics card (It's beautiful).
ritterc

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby ritterc » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Tim and I play Rocket League a lot still. Let us know if you're on and we'll probably hop in.

Well, I will. Tim's probably playing PoGo. And, you know, once Legion comes out I'll leave this world for a few weeks.
itscsalvo

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby itscsalvo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:41 pm

I've been playing a lot of Golf with Your Friends and getting back into Civ V. Both one handed games, if ya get my drift. :icon-wink:

It's because I sometimes hold a baby, you sick fucks.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:46 am

Bmyoungs has ascended to r/pcmasterrace
I think that means most of the OG CPT members are on PC
me, wags, corey, danny, brad, (feddersen).

It is going to be impossible to get Brad to commit to anything, but I really want to try and get some scheduled play times going. Like I said in other threads, unless I get it added to Google Calendar it likely won't happen, but if he can get some play sessions lined up it could work. I feel like a tool for having to schedule video game sessions with my friends, but that is what happens with being an adult.

I have some allowance money to blow. I really need to get a 2nd monitor going so I can video chat while playing...because I am weird and want to see you guys too!
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:21 pm

I can't wait to move my computer to the new place where I have super fast internet so I can functionally play!
bmyoungs

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:17 pm

Tyler wrote:Bmyoungs has ascended to r/pcmasterrace
I think that means most of the OG CPT members are on PC
me, wags, corey, danny, brad, (feddersen).

It is going to be impossible to get Brad to commit to anything, but I really want to try and get some scheduled play times going. Like I said in other threads, unless I get it added to Google Calendar it likely won't happen, but if he can get some play sessions lined up it could work. I feel like a tool for having to schedule video game sessions with my friends, but that is what happens with being an adult.

I have some allowance money to blow. I really need to get a 2nd monitor going so I can video chat while playing...because I am weird and want to see you guys too!

My season is already slowing down so I'm seeing a bit more free time. I'm also not going to be working this winter so I will be able to game with you all until next spring.
Corey
Site Admin

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Corey » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:49 pm

We should play Titanfall again. That game was super fun! I played again over the weekend and it was still fun but not as fun with strangers.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:09 pm

Corey wrote:Source of the post We should play Titanfall again. That game was super fun! I played again over the weekend and it was still fun but not as fun with strangers.

I would play that again. I can't find any $5 deals like we paid.
2 comes out October 28th. I wonder how many PC players will be left
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:05 am

Is everyone like Hangouts? I think it was Monday when I said my only complaint is how Hangouts handles video calls. I would rather everyone have equal boxes, not whoever is speaking as the full screen.

What was the other app we tried? I think that did the video thing, but the max people in a group might have been the limiting factor?
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Mon May 22, 2017 10:32 am

Doesn't seem like Mondays work for everyone anymore. Should we look into switching the weekly night?
What night do you MN nerds do trivia?
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post What night do you MN nerds do trivia?

Tuesday is trivia night unless we give that up, which could be soon.

Thursday nights are usually good for me.
kyle

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby kyle » Mon May 22, 2017 11:39 am

Whenever for me as long as i have notice :)
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Mon May 22, 2017 11:47 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Tuesday is trivia night unless we give that up, which could be soon.

Thursday nights are usually good for me.

:o! Why are you quitting? Monday is your softball league, right?
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Werd, Monday is softball.

As far as trivia, I think we are all pretty sick of Old Chicago food every week. Plus right now we're in the running for the 12 week cumulative point contest. Once that's over, we don't really need to go.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Tue May 23, 2017 12:25 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Plus right now we're in the running for the 12 week cumulative point contest. Once that's over, we don't really need to go.

What's the ETA on the conclusion of that? 12 weeks is a long time! Our tournaments were 6 weeks long.

Return to “Video Games”