Corey
Site Admin

Re: CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Corey » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:55 pm

We should play this tonight
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:24 pm

I pulled the trigger and bought it anyway earlier.
Corey
Site Admin

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Corey » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:42 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I pulled the trigger and bought it anyway earlier.

So, like, you want to play it?
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:44 pm

Probably. I'm gonna eat and then I'll probably be ready
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Text me foo
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:28 pm

Actually had a successful session tonight. Wags, Feddersen, Corey and myself played some Rainbow Six Siege. The PC community must be dying down because we waited 10 minutes for a match before we switched to private.
CrckrJack

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Actually had a successful session tonight. Wags, Feddersen, Corey and myself played some Rainbow Six Siege. The PC community must be dying down because we waited 10 minutes for a match before we switched to private.

Overwatch killed all games
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:05 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Overwatch killed all games

Ah, good call. The venn diagram of Overwatch and RS6 players would overlap for sure. Have you noticed a loss in players on Rocket League or anything else?
CrckrJack

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Overwatch killed all games

Ah, good call. The venn diagram of Overwatch and RS6 players would overlap for sure. Have you noticed a loss in players on Rocket League or anything else?

Not in RL. Everyone in WoW is talking about overwatch though. I think i somehow get some Counter Strike news from reddit too and during the free beta the users playing CS6 went down drastically.

I also still subscribe to League of Legends subreddit and Overwatch hurt them a lot too. In League the games can easily go 1 hour long... losing an hour long game is very frustrating.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:10 pm

Will you and your guild take some time off before the newest expansion and play Overwatch? I thought you guys took a few months off now and again, or do you just find a new guild when that happens?

frickin' nerds
CrckrJack

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Will you and your guild take some time off before the newest expansion and play Overwatch? I thought you guys took a few months off now and again, or do you just find a new guild when that happens?

Our current guild has no plans to take any time off, although cody and I would like to. We have actually created a new gambling game to make the night more interesting...

So a raid consists of 2 tanks, 14-16 damage dealers (dps), and then 2-4 healers.

We /roll (random generate a number between 1 and 100) and the winner of that gets to decide whihc tank is on their team for the night. The loser then gets the second tank, and then the first pick out of the rest of the shitters in the group. This then goes on until all shitters in the raid are on a team. The shitters then get assigned a point when they wipe the raid or die of their own shitty shit-ness, and when the boss dies, the team with more points loses and owes the other 5k gold (5k gold really isn't a lot. i have 500k and cody has somewhere around there too, we are talking about increasing this and setting a cap 50k or something). There are 13 bosses, so it could get out of hand if someone were to win every single boss. And that is how we pass our time on raid nights.
ritterc

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby ritterc » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:00 pm

I know what you're thinking...and yes...it really has gotten so awful that we had to come up with this to not rage quit.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:21 pm

ritterc wrote:Source of the post I know what you're thinking...and yes...it really has gotten so awful that we had to come up with this to not rage quit.

Sure, let's go with that. That's nicer than what I was thinking.

I was going to say to recruit your guild to here, but after reading these posts I have talked myself out of it. You guys use Slack for all of your communication anyways, you probably don't want to add another way to talk with these people on top of the 8 hours a night.
CrckrJack

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Sure, let's go with that. That's nicer than what I was thinking.

I was going to say to recruit your guild to here, but after reading these posts I have talked myself out of it. You guys use Slack for all of your communication anyways, you probably don't want to add another way to talk with these people on top of the 8 hours a night.

That was the last guild. This new one we don't talk to at all outside of raid. (there is a forum that we look at ~1 time a week)
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:06 pm

I may or may not play WoW sometimes...... frickin' nerd.
CrckrJack

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:58 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I may or may not play WoW sometimes...... frickin' nerd.

Cody and I are really into it.
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:01 pm

I actually paid for it monthly for about a year back in college. Then I quit because I was leveled to the point that most of the quests required more people to complete it and I didn't want to play with anyone else. I installed it again and started a new character and have the free play going right now (I think it's free until level 20). We'll see if I decided to keep going past 20, I haven't played for a couple weeks now.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:10 pm

I don't even know you anymore. I kind of remember you playing in college. The game probable runs a lot better on your desktop than your Mac....or maybe it doesn't matter. I heard the game is 15 years old and still looks like it.
itscsalvo

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby itscsalvo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:45 pm

Pretty sure they did a graphics refresh and the game looks slightly up to date now. But I think that was a few years back.
CrckrJack

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:36 am

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post Pretty sure they did a graphics refresh and the game looks slightly up to date now. But I think that was a few years back.

It still looks like a cartoon (it still looks bad). A lot of people argue that the cartoony-ness is what makes WoW, WoW. I literally don't care at all.

Return to “Video Games”