CPT PC Gaming Club

wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Eve Online and Overwatch are free this weekend and. Overwatch is available on all platforms. Someone has to try these

So I played 2 games of Overwatch after the tutorial. It was kinda fun but there are so many different classes with different abilities/roles in a fight. The first game I played as a regular "guy with a gun" (think any regular first person shooter) and I did pretty well. I decided to switch it up the 2nd game and tried to be a gorilla guy who has some sort of zapper gun and other special abilities. I didn't get a chance to see if there is a practice mode or anything where you can try all the different classes/characters but that would be helpful. The games are over very quickly and if you don't know what your character's abilities/role is, you're not going to be able to figure it out on the fly.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Mon May 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Were those 2 games enough to convince you to buy it? It is crazy the number of different players available and that they are able to balance them all out.
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:06 pm

At this point, I would say no. The games just seemed like a cluster of shooting and healing and shielding and whatnot, and then it ends. I'm not sure if there were other game types that I didn't get into, but one thing that bothered me was the games I played had an objective of either attacking or guarding a specific area. That meant that even though there were these cool, sprawling maps, all the fighting took place in one little corner. You could have had a 1-room map and had the same result.
itscsalvo

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby itscsalvo » Mon May 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Overwatch beta extended. Played a lot this weekend and tonight. Ended up purchasing from Amazon with prime discount. I'm having a great time with it. Very fast paced, similar to TF2, but with a lot of variation in character selection.

I haven't done a practice mode or anything; just went right into playing. You'll learn by doing, for the most part.

Best characters to start with, by type:
Offense: Agent 76
Defense: Junkrat
Tank: Roadhog
Support: Mercy

I started with these, easy to pick up and start going to town.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Tue May 10, 2016 9:42 am

Interesting that the Chris^2 have 2 different takes on the game. It sounds like something I would have loved in college, but I don't have the time now to invest in such a deep shooter game. Casual gamer 4 lyfe!
itscsalvo

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby itscsalvo » Tue May 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the postIt sounds like something I would have loved in college, but I don't have the time now to invest in such a deep shooter game. Casual gamer 4 lyfe!

The nice part about it is that it IS a casual game. Rounds last anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Play a couple rounds and you're done. It's not that deep. There is a limited map to explore, and a small set of objectives. The game can be learned relatively quickly in just a few rounds. Character mastery, however, will take a significant amount of time.
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:24 pm

And like I said in my first post, it was pretty fun. Just seemed very chaotic compared to other FPS games; you're more dependent on the other classes/working together that everyone naturally ends up being in the same spot. Compare that to CoD where you can just run around and shoot on your own. I'm just anal (ha!) about learning the abilities and like Salvo said, that would take some time.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Tue May 17, 2016 2:02 pm

We (Corey, Feddersen and I) played our first real Rainbow Six Siege mission all together last night. It was protect the hostage. As soon as the round started, without any prompt, Corey and I just unloaded into the tied up hostage and instantly lost the game. It was glorious.

The game is on sale for $34 if you search for it on isthereanydeal.com. I imagine we will play it when we can now that we got our feet wet. I haven't played Overwatch, but I think R6S has a kind of similar class structure. There is defense/offense guys. About 12 for each category. Each of them has a special skill/ability and have set weapons they can use. When you unlock a soldier you can then unlock accessories or attachments.
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Just lol'd at that.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Tue May 17, 2016 4:57 pm

wags83 wrote:Just lol'd at that.

I was laughing so hard. The game auto kicked me from the match and Feddersen refused to invite me back for like 15 minutes.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Mon May 23, 2016 12:47 pm

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post Ended up purchasing from Amazon with prime discount.

Thanks for buying through http://amazon.couchpotatotalk.com Everyone could learn a thing or two from you.

Feddersen and I will be playing Rainbow Six Siege tonight. We played on Friday night with Corey and had a lot of frustating fun.
You can get it for $33 right now from here https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-cla ... 1?ref=itad
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby DannyFanny » Mon May 23, 2016 5:47 pm

I have siege for ps4. If they allow cross platform gaming I'll play with you
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon May 23, 2016 5:49 pm

DannyFanny wrote:I have siege for ps4. If they allow cross platform gaming I'll play with you

I'm 99% sure this title does not. Rocket League does, but no cross platform match making
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Thu May 26, 2016 6:46 am

Feddersen and I bought this bundle and got the $7 tier. We may some day do the co-op Splinter cell stuff.

https://www.humblebundle.com/ubisoft-bundle-encore
bmyoungs

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby bmyoungs » Thu May 26, 2016 9:38 am

I bought software Inc. I enjoy it more than I should.
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Bought the bundle. Proud of me?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu May 26, 2016 10:06 pm

wags83 wrote:Bought the bundle. Proud of me?

So proud. Have you been playing anything at all on your high end, soon to be outdated, gaming machine?
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:27 pm

Haha when I get a little time I do. I like the Division. I tried to teach Erin how to play Rocket League but she's pretty bad.
Tyler
Owner

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:31 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post The game is on sale for $30 right now or Corey got a key on eBay for $25.

Where are you seeing it for that price?

$28
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clan ... -key-uplay

I admit we haven't played all that much, but Feddersen and I are still interested in playing. Might be worth picking up...but there is a chance we don't play all that often.
wags83

CPT PC Gaming Club

Postby wags83 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post The game is on sale for $30 right now or Corey got a key on eBay for $25.

Where are you seeing it for that price?

$28
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clan ... -key-uplay

I admit we haven't played all that much, but Feddersen and I are still interested in playing. Might be worth picking up...but there is a chance we don't play all that often.

Did the price just go up in the last 2 hours? It shows $31.65 now.

Return to “Video Games”