Overwatch (Video Game)

itscsalvo

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby itscsalvo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:07 am

Since it's taking over the world by storm, I thought we could create a thread about it.

So who's playing it, who's interested, etc? Who are your favorite characters? What do you think about the game design, loot boxes, etc?

I play it when I can, and I really like it. Definitely worth the initial $40 at launch.
CrckrJack

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Haven't played it and have no desire to. It reminds me of Team Fortress 2, where you are a character with special abilities, and I hated TF2. I already don't like this game even though I haven't played it.
wags83

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby wags83 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Played the open beta very briefly. It was fun enough but I don't think I'll pay for it. I have enough other games to play right now.
Tyler
Owner

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Was this released on all platforms? First Blizzard game on consoles? Maybe Heartsone was too?

I am interested in this game, but I know I won't have time to play it. Everyone on my tech podcast love it and say it's the most fun they have had with friends in game since Quake 2.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:27 pm

I like it, but for forty dollars, i will never play it
Tyler
Owner

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I like it, but for forty dollars, i will never play it

You could not play Ark for 5 hours a day and play different games.
CrckrJack

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:42 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I like it, but for forty dollars, i will never play it

You could not play Ark for 5 hours a day and play different games.

It's hard to compare games to ARK/WoW. They are completely different beasts. They require a lot of investment.
Tyler
Owner

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:46 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post They are completely different beasts. They require a lot of investment.

That is why I find games like Rainbow Six or Overwatch attractive, they don't require all that leg work to enjoy the game.
CrckrJack

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:49 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post They are completely different beasts. They require a lot of investment.

That is why I find games like Rainbow Six or Overwatch attractive, they don't require all that leg work to enjoy the game.

The investment is fun.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:54 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Tyler wrote:
Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:
Source of the post They are completely different beasts. They require a lot of investment.

The investment is fun.

For the most part, I have no desire to play quick games. They are momentarily relieving stress, but they don't do anything for me. When I play a game like Ark, i feel accomplished. It's strategic, and is much more than who can click buttons faster or have better accuracy with a mouse. I may take weeks planning an attack on a base and customizing everything 15 people do to achieve a singular goal. Or I can just shoot shit real fast in another game.
CrckrJack

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:05 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
For the most part, I have no desire to play quick games. They are momentarily relieving stress, but they don't do anything for me. When I play a game like Ark, i feel accomplished. It's strategic, and is much more than who can click buttons faster or have better accuracy with a mouse. I may take weeks planning an attack on a base and customizing everything 15 people do to achieve a singular goal. Or I can just shoot shit real fast in another game.

The feeling is the same in WoW. Currently in the expansion, there's not much to do. we have beaten the game. So I don't play it as much, other than to make gold. When we aren't raiding or I can't make gold, I'm usually playing ranked Rocket League. I play ranked because I'm very competitive and climbing a ladder gives me a great sense of accomplishment.
itscsalvo

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby itscsalvo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Personally, I consider the game a mixture of quake and league of legends, with major influences from team fortress 2. It's a very fast paced arena pvp, but every character is distinct and different. Much quicker to pickup than league, of course, but takes a significant effort to master.

With my life now, quick games are all I can play, and I was mainly looking for something different than Rocket League. But, I swear, if you like any first person action games, this is a top notch one.
Tyler
Owner

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:02 pm

How are you liking it Salvo? My podcast guys talked about it quite a bit this week. They are excited for the new rank play updates that are coming up.

"You will die one day. You only have one chance to play Overwatch" is how they tried to get the 3rd host to play.
itscsalvo

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby itscsalvo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Still great. I kind of switch on and off between this and rocket league lately, but I'm still really enjoying it. I've been doing ranked, but my placement matches have been pretty shitty, so I haven't finished them yet. :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:21 am

There are so many gifs of this game on Reddit and I never understand what I'm watching.
CrckrJack

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post There are so many gifs of this game on Reddit and I never understand what I'm watching.

The terrible plays of the game are sometimes funny.
Tyler
Owner

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:55 am

Overwatch Full Game Trial (PS4 or Xbox One)
Free to Play
(Valid Sept 9-12)
http://slickdeals.net/f/9069823-free-pl ... 4-xbox-one
itscsalvo

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby itscsalvo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:55 am

Am I the only one playing this? It's ridiculously fun, and I'm surprised more people haven't hopped on board. There's like 25 million people playing it, probably more now!
Tyler
Owner

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:09 am

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post Am I the only one playing this?

No, I heard there are at least 25 million other people playing it.

Source:
itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post There's like 25 million people playing it, probably more now!
wags83

Overwatch (Video Game)

Postby wags83 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:13 am

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post Am I the only one playing this?

No, I heard there are at least 25 million other people playing it.

Source:
itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post There's like 25 million people playing it, probably more now!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Return to “Video Games”