Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

This is the Police

Tyler
Owner

This is the Police

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:50 pm

I saw Crckrjack was playing this over the weekend via Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/443810/

This Is the Police is a strategy/adventure game set in a city spiraling the drain. Taking the role of gritty Police Chief Jack Boyd, you'll dive into a deep story of crime and intrigue. Will Jack reach his retirement with a nice stack of bills, or will he end up broken ... or worse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odv3y374-88
CrckrJack

This is the Police

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Pretty boring. You have to play 180 days of sending your officers out on missions (each day takes about 6-10 minutes or so). There are cases where detectives have to solve it. Bought it as an impulse buy while drunk. Timewise it has been worth the money just because I want to get to the end, but I don't imagine that I will play it again. Maybe though, who knows. I like the idea of building up a really strong force (you only start out with like 8 officers, and can build up as hihg as you can and your officers have ranks/performance amounts).

Could have been a really fun game if they had gone into more details with the accounting aspect of the department.

I also wish there were more story options, it feels like you HAVE to be a bad guy and work with the mafia. Too much story. should have been more open.
Tyler
Owner

This is the Police

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:33 pm

Is it comparable to a Telltale game, or does it offer more freedom than that?
CrckrJack

This is the Police

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Is it comparable to a Telltale game, or does it offer more freedom than that?

There is a lot more freedom than that. The things you do during the days effect the story. For example I was working with the mafia up until about day 80 or so, when I finished a detective's investigation to put the mafia head behind bars. After I finished the investigation I couldn't do anything with the mafia anymore. (pay to have officers and detectives taken care of, threaten people, or have them sell evidence that my officers gathered at the scene (which would give me money)).
Tyler
Owner

This is the Police

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:15 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post but I don't imagine that I will play it again

Says the guy playing the sequel game right now!

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”