Amazon

VR in Education

Tyler
Owner

VR in Education

Postby Tyler » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:32 pm

When I was borrowing the Vive a couple weeks ago my neighbor came over and tried it. He is the technology director in a smaller school. He was really impressed by the equipment and was really excited to find a way to show it to students. He thinks he has figured out a way to get a grant for the Vive and a PC.

Assuming he can find some money, he is going to have the computer club in the school design/build the PC. He said there is an empty room that they can have dedicated to the Vive. He also thinks there will be a way to have the CAD class interact with the things they make on the CAD program.

I thought all of that was really cool. I wish we would have thought of doing a computer club in school. I always liked gadgets, but it really wasn't until I was old enough to afford them myself and met more people that I got to play around with new technology. I know he isn't a technology teacher, but I think that would be a really fun profession - the only problem would be a lot of the kids you are teaching probably know more than you do.
bmyoungs

VR in Education

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:48 pm

That would be sweet. I think when the second round of vr comes out I will dive in
Donomoto

VR in Education

Postby Donomoto » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:22 am

I've heard of how much they've been doing with VR in education, but also in research. I can't wait to see what capabilities we'll have here in about 5 years.
itscsalvo

VR in Education

Postby itscsalvo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:42 am

I know of a construction company that developed/is developing CAD software for the MS HoloLens that allows you to build your 3D structure and walk through it. Really see the dimensions and sizes of the proposed construction. Not education, but I thought that was super cool.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

VR in Education

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:44 am

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post I know of a construction company that developed/is developing CAD software for the MS HoloLens that allows you to build your 3D structure and walk through it. Really see the dimensions and sizes of the proposed construction. Not education, but I thought that was super cool.

I too have seen the Microsoft produced Hololens marketing video.
Corey
Site Admin

VR in Education

Postby Corey » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:48 am

They had demos of HoloLens at Ignite but you had to get to the Expo area first thing in the morning and sign up for a time slot during the day. I didn't want to miss any sessions so I didn't get a chance to try it out :cry:
Tyler
Owner

VR in Education

Postby Tyler » Thu May 04, 2017 1:57 pm

My neighbor and his high school PC club finished the VR build. He is going to bring it home tonight to show it off and have me troubleshoot some things. I'll be sure to take pictures if he allows it. They built the PC/VR equipment in a rolling cart and it looks very impressive.
Tyler
Owner

VR in Education

Postby Tyler » Wed May 10, 2017 3:26 pm

I didn't think to take pictures of this last week because we were frantically working on it at 10 PM trying to get some things fixed before a tech fair at ISU the following morning. I was able to help identify the CPU problem and my neighbor fixed it after I went to bed. I'm happy to report that his computer club won first place in their category!
wags83

VR in Education

Postby wags83 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:25 pm

And it's all thanks to you! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tyler
Owner

VR in Education

Postby Tyler » Thu May 11, 2017 7:01 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post And it's all thanks to you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I didn't even get an honorary blue ribbon!
SleepyChimera

VR in Education

Postby SleepyChimera » Thu May 11, 2017 8:02 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post And it's all thanks to you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I didn't even get an honorary blue ribbon!

You should give him shit for that lol

Return to “Video Games”