Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Oculus Rift + Touch

Tyler
Owner

Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:37 am

On the heels of a temporary $200 price cut, today Facebook’s Oculus has announced that the Rift and Touch will be receiving a permanent $100 price cut, bringing the bundled price of the virtual reality system down to $499 once the summer sale it over. The company has also announced that it will now be bundling the two products together in a single package.

1) It would be nice to have everything in one box. It's going to be a PITA when I bring it places
2) Since the price is going up to $500 you might as well buy it now for $400 if you're on the fence...bmyoungs.
3) Doesn't look like it will include the Xbox One controller/dongle or Rift Remote

bmyoungs

Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Tyler wrote:On the heels of a temporary $200 price cut, today Facebook’s Oculus has announced that the Rift and Touch will be receiving a permanent $100 price cut, bringing the bundled price of the virtual reality system down to $499 once the summer sale it over. The company has also announced that it will now be bundling the two products together in a single package.

1) It would be nice to have everything in one box. It's going to be a PITA when I bring it places
2) Since the price is going up to $500 you might as well buy it now for $400 if you're on the fence...bmyoungs.
3) Doesn't look like it will include the Xbox One controller/dongle or Rift Remote

I'm over it for now. I wouldn't even have time to get it set up let alone play it. It will go on sale over Christmas

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Re: Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Tyler wrote:I'm trying to find a USB card I can add to the front of my case in an empty disc tray spot. This will make hooking things up much easier.

I pulled the trigger on a PCI-E USB card. My motherboard doesn't have enough juice it seems to power all of the sensors, extension cables, and the other stuff I have plugged into my computer via USB (headset, speakers, webcam, wireless mouse)
Tyler
Owner

Re: Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:07 am

Got my USB card yesterday. It seems to have fixed all of my tracking issues. Was an easy install.

I get some areas of bad tracking when my hands are near the ground. To fix this I think mounting the sensors higher would be more beneficial than a 3rd tracker, but that isn't easy to achieve.
Tag

Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tag » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:46 pm

rift sux team HTC
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Tag wrote:rift sux team HTC

Pft.... $800 vs $400 for almost identical tech.
Tag

Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tag » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:16 pm

i was over at bennys, not my own like you thought to rusty or something!

i dont know anything other than VR is fun
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Tag wrote:i was over at bennys, not my own like you thought to rusty or something!

i dont know anything other than VR is fun

I'm teasing. I know it was Benny's. I'm glad Benny bought that. I have borrowed it a couple of times and used it to introduce VR to a lot of people
Tyler
Owner

Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Made some simple wall mounts tonight for the sensors. Tracking has improved a lot because of it. I may paint them over the weekend to match the wall. We'll have to see what Jocelyn thinks of them when she sees them...

I will leave the far corner one up all the time, but have the cord tucked away and not plugged into the PC. I will remove the closet sensor from the mount because that cord is in the way and Evie would pull it down.

The poster 3M stuff is much stronger than I was hoping for. Used 1 piece on 1 sensor and 2 on the other.

Return to “Video Games”