Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Oculus Rift + Touch

Tyler
Owner

Re: Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:39 am

Oculus store bundles will now adjust their price if you already own a game(s) that's included in the bundle.
bmyoungs

Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Tyler wrote:Oculus store bundles will now adjust their price if you already own a game(s) that's included in the bundle.
That's really cool actually

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 am

Wags, did you get your 3rd sensor set up? Wall mounting them so they don't move? I've found that if a sensor even gets bumped it can mess up the guardian system.

Do you have a USB card already? 3rd sensor can use USB 2.0
wags83

Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby wags83 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:33 am

I haven't set it up yet but I had already installed a USB card when I first got the Rift. I think I'll probably mount them, I just need to decide how I want the room to be permanently set up.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 am

wags83 wrote:I haven't set it up yet but I had already installed a USB card when I first got the Rift. I think I'll probably mount them, I just need to decide how I want the room to be permanently set up.
You better get it done before tomorrow night!
wags83

Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby wags83 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:I haven't set it up yet but I had already installed a USB card when I first got the Rift. I think I'll probably mount them, I just need to decide how I want the room to be permanently set up.
You better get it done before tomorrow night!

If there's one app that needs a 3rd sensor, it's BigScreen.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Tyler wrote:VR Roundtable podcast did a good episode today on all of the Oculus news from last week. They covered some of the software stuff that didn't get talked about as much as the hardware announcements. The menus are going to be changing a lot for us.
I like the new pause menu a lot, it's nice being able to see your desktop during a game. You can even pull a window put and see it during the game play. I watched a YouTube tutorial while doing it in game, all without taking the headset off.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:14 pm

The 45 seconds it takes to get the headset out of the closet, plug it in, and unwrap the cords is sometimes enough of a turnoff not to mess with VR. I might a slight update today to help with this.

I use to keep my 10ft extension cables coiled up and just resting on top of the computer tower. I ran them behind my desk and into the drawer area. I can now keep the headset in the bottom drawer (needs to be cleaned out some more still). I can keep the headset plugged in. When I want to play I just need to open the drawer and put it right now.

No more plugging/unplugging between sessions and my desk area has slightly less clutter thanks to the extension cables no longer being out all the time.

ImageImageImage
wags83

Oculus Rift + Touch

Postby wags83 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:41 am

I always have mine plugged in too, but I haven't figured out a good storage method so it just sits on an empty portion of the desk.

Return to “Video Games”