Nintendo Switch

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:27 pm

goldenrod wrote:Mine won't be here till Monday, preordered from target.

Wow.... You should have just went and bought one in stores on Friday and returned the target one.
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Completely sold out in town. They went fast. I was out getting supplies for our house and I looked when I went places. Can't even find many accessories for it. Do see the games tho.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:02 pm

I wonder how many moms bought it for their kids not realizing it comes with zero games.
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:47 pm

The games are so tiny, they are like a 3DS cartridge.
Tyler
Owner

Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:50 pm

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post The games are so tiny, they are like a 3DS cartridge.

Nintendo Switch Game Cases Seem Like A Waste Of Plastic
bmyoungs

Nintendo Switch

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Loss prevention, marketing space.
SleepyChimera

Nintendo Switch

Postby SleepyChimera » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 am

I was too impatient to take good quality photos as I unboxed it, plus I had people in my home watching me as I spazzed out.

► Show Spoiler

Thoughts/observations so far:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
Tyler
Owner

Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:53 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post It only comes with ONE Joy-con grip (the extender for the "bumper" buttons, SL, and SR) which I found a little disappointing.

That seems really silly! How much to buy another?
SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post The joy-con battery life seems pretty great. I took them off the screen at 8AM Saturday morning, never returned them or had to charge them in any way that day and I was playing all day constantly until 2AM Sunday morning.

I didn't even think about the controllers each needing a battery. I assume when they are connected to the tablet and using remotely they are being charged off the main device?
SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post The screen is pretty amazing. I love the quality on the screen itself. I would almost rather play BotW on the console screen than on my HD TV.

Is it touch screen? Does that even matter for games? Good battery life when used this way?
SleepyChimera

Nintendo Switch

Postby SleepyChimera » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post It only comes with ONE Joy-con grip (the extender for the "bumper" buttons, SL, and SR) which I found a little disappointing.That seems really silly! How much to buy another?

Amazon has grey grip/straps for $15 (colors are more expensive). Gamestop has all colors for $8.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post The joy-con battery life seems pretty great. I took them off the screen at 8AM Saturday morning, never returned them or had to charge them in any way that day and I was playing all day constantly until 2AM Sunday morning.I didn't even think about the controllers each needing a battery. I assume when they are connected to the tablet and using remotely they are being charged off the main device?

If the controllers are connected to the actual device/screen then they are charging. The handheld controller accessory (actually called the "grip", I mislabeled the straps in my earlier comment) doesn't charge them but there is a version you can buy that will.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post The screen is pretty amazing. I love the quality on the screen itself. I would almost rather play BotW on the console screen than on my HD TV. Is it touch screen? Does that even matter for games? Good battery life when used this way?

It IS a touch screen. I haven't actually used it much for BotW, but I did play it in bed for about 2 hours and it still had some good life to it. I think over 50%. And BotW is supposed to drain it fast.
SleepyChimera

Nintendo Switch

Postby SleepyChimera » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Additional thoughts:
  • The "Neon Red" isn't as red as I had hoped. But its definitely not pink. Just light colored enough to make my boyfriend reluctant to choose it over the blue Joycon.
  • There is a button on the left Joycon that's dedicated specifically for taking screenshots. I find this interesting as I'm not a person to normally share screencaps of my games... But I have gone a tiny bit overboard with I find neat environments in BotW. Note: Do not tell your young children about this button... you will have 1million screencaps eating up your drive space as it's and instant capture, no confirm or anything.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Nintendo Switch

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Have you tried the Pro Controller? A lot of the streamers I watch use the Pro Controller.
SleepyChimera

Nintendo Switch

Postby SleepyChimera » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:13 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Have you tried the Pro Controller? A lot of the streamers I watch use the Pro Controller.

I have not. I am a bit of a purist in that I like to try to use the system as it was initially designed. Though I might invest in one eventually if I find that the JoyCon Grip starts to feel too small.
Extell

Nintendo Switch

Postby Extell » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:24 pm

I REALLY like just using the JoyCons by themselves (without any of the addon grips). The size of them is perfect in my hands.
I can aim really well with the bow in Zelda with mine.
SleepyChimera

Nintendo Switch

Postby SleepyChimera » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Extell wrote:Source of the post I REALLY like just using the JoyCons by themselves (without any of the addon grips). The size of them is perfect in my hands.
I can aim really well with the bow in Zelda with mine.

I guess I haven't even tried them not in the grip.. lol
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Got mine today and opened it all up, prolly won't hook it up till this weekend due to having to be a damn adult every night this week after work but I do have it charging.
Last edited by goldenrod on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:30 pm

"* It only comes with ONE Joy-con grip (the extender for the "bumper" buttons, SL, and SR) which I found a little disappointing."............................ You are talking about the straps here? Mine came with 2 they were in different compartments of the box, the 2nd one is almost hidden in the box. I damn near threw it away.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Goldenrod to the rescue!!! Check dat box!
Tyler
Owner

Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:52 am

Dom showed me this earlier today. Sure, there are probably in the minority, but interesting regardless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc
bmyoungs

Nintendo Switch

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:45 am

Tyler wrote:Dom showed me this earlier today. Sure, there are probably in the minority, but interesting regardless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

I just saw that on reddit. I'm surprised that it's a soft plastic screen and the dock scratches it so easily.
SleepyChimera

Nintendo Switch

Postby SleepyChimera » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:09 am

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post "* It only comes with ONE Joy-con grip (the extender for the "bumper" buttons, SL, and SR) which I found a little disappointing."............................ You are talking about the straps here? Mine came with 2 they were in different compartments of the box, the 2nd one is almost hidden in the box. I damn near threw it away.

Well shoot.. I'll have to look again. I was so damned excited I was almost vibrating. I was supposed to visit my sister in the mall that I picked up my console and I completely walked by her store in my rush to get home and unbox. Priorities.

Return to “Video Games”