Nintendo Switch

itscsalvo

Nintendo Switch

Postby itscsalvo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:14 am

Oh shit, that vid was rough to watch. So many issues.
Tyler
Owner

Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:35 am

SleepyChimera brought hers in to work today and I got to hold it! The controllers slid on/off easily once she showed me how to do it. Didn't have the bumper to test that. Screen quality seemed great. Joy-cons seemed to fit on the tablet firmly. Seems like the ones in the video are all lemons.
SleepyChimera

Nintendo Switch

Postby SleepyChimera » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:52 am

Additional review thought:
  • The joysticks on the joycons are a lot more sensitive than I am used to. Could also just be the settings in BotW possibly. But when I'm in an intense battle, I do occasionally, accidentally "click" the joystick, causing Link to crouch when I don't want him to. As I play and adjust to the joycons, it has happened less and less but I still do it once in a while.
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:17 pm

All hooked up through my surround sound system, the kids have been having a blast playing 1 2 switch tonight. I honestly didn't even get to play at all.
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:19 pm

SleepyChimera wrote:
goldenrod wrote:Source of the post "* It only comes with ONE Joy-con grip (the extender for the "bumper" buttons, SL, and SR) which I found a little disappointing."............................ You are talking about the straps here? Mine came with 2 they were in different compartments of the box, the 2nd one is almost hidden in the box. I damn near threw it away.

Well shoot.. I'll have to look again. I was so damned excited I was almost vibrating. I was supposed to visit my sister in the mall that I picked up my console and I completely walked by her store in my rush to get home and unbox. Priorities.

Did you find your other strap.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:34 pm

goldenrod wrote:All hooked up through my surround sound system, the kids have been having a blast playing 1 2 switch tonight. I honestly didn't even get to play at all.

Just go play PS VR while they play the switch.
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:12 am

Tyler wrote:
goldenrod wrote:All hooked up through my surround sound system, the kids have been having a blast playing 1 2 switch tonight. I honestly didn't even get to play at all.

Just go play PS VR while they play the switch.

Kids and I played last weekend, I still need to get resident evil for it.
SleepyChimera

Nintendo Switch

Postby SleepyChimera » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:59 am

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post
SleepyChimera wrote:
goldenrod wrote:Source of the post "* It only comes with ONE Joy-con grip (the extender for the "bumper" buttons, SL, and SR) which I found a little disappointing."............................ You are talking about the straps here? Mine came with 2 they were in different compartments of the box, the 2nd one is almost hidden in the box. I damn near threw it away.

Well shoot.. I'll have to look again. I was so damned excited I was almost vibrating. I was supposed to visit my sister in the mall that I picked up my console and I completely walked by her store in my rush to get home and unbox. Priorities.

Did you find your other strap.

I did. It was pretty well hidden, but once I knew I was looking for it I found it. I think it's silly they didn't put it with the first one. There was plenty of room. lol
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:45 am

Glad you found it before throwing the box out.
SleepyChimera

Nintendo Switch

Postby SleepyChimera » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54 am

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post Glad you found it before throwing the box out.

I tend to keep almost all my electronics boxes, so I probably wouldn't have thrown it out for years. Which would be the ultimate kick in the butt... have it for years, buy a second one and use that, and then find out after throwing it away then that it was in there lol
Tyler
Owner

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Lol. That would have been awful. Glad you were able to find it
Tyler
Owner

Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Seems like this would be worth the $13
https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Playstan ... B01N9RTMWS

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:52 am

I won't post all the steps, but on Tested last week they explained you can add a Japanese user on the Switch and that allows you to access the Japanese switch store and download demos. I'm sure a quick Google will find a result with the full steps. They said it was very easy.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Tested podcast this week made a very good point. The Switch does not have a GPU or a powerful CPU, it has the internal specs of a tablet. It is basically identical to the 1.5 year old Nvidia tablet (that also cost $300 when it came out), but people are okay spending $60 on Switch games and no more than $5 on "tablet" games.
bmyoungs

Nintendo Switch

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Tyler wrote:Tested podcast this week made a very good point. The Switch does not have a GPU or a powerful CPU, it has the internal specs of a tablet. It is basically identical to the 1.5 year old Nvidia tablet (that also cost $300 when it came out), but people are okay spending $60 on Switch games and no more than $5 on "tablet" games.

Yeah that's what I find funny. The is nothing (other than extra cooling) that sets this apart from most Android tablets.

Now if they released a game of this quality that I could play on my tablet if pay $30, maybe not $60 but I don't pay that for console or PC games.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:37 am

At Best buy killing some time. I didn't realize Mario Kart for Switch was out. That wasn't s launch title, right?
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:19 am

Came out today
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:21 am

goldenrod wrote:Came out today

I should have picked it up for you!
goldenrod

Nintendo Switch

Postby goldenrod » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:30 am

My kids want me to get it but I have the regular version for Wii u so not sure I will get it.
Tyler
Owner

Nintendo Switch

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:26 pm

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post My kids want me to get it but I have the regular version for Wii u so not sure I will get it.

Yeah right...you've never been one to say no to a video game purchase

Return to “Video Games”