Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Titanfall 2

Tyler
Owner

Titanfall 2

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:19 am

I had my best game last night. 19 pilot kills and 4 titans. Going to be hard to beat that. The 3 round burst assault rifle that I recently unlocked is awesome.
wags83

Titanfall 2

Postby wags83 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:13 am

Nice d00d!
Tyler
Owner

Titanfall 2

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:19 am

Titanfall is fun, but I don't think it scratches the same itch as playing COD with the gang back in the day
1) No time for shenanigans. In CoD you and your buddies could take over a building or part of the map and screw around. In Titanfall if you ever slow down you die
2) Teamwork. In CoD you were rewarded by using team work. The only time teamwork comes into play in Titanfall is when to call a Titan and to stay in a group. There is no "watch this window while I cover the back door".
3) Maps. This could be in part to be not having unlimited time to learn the maps, but I find that none of them offer "fun" things. No sniper nests. No alleys you can guard with turrets.
4) Lack of stats! I like seeing stats to know that we are all improving
In COD we would constantly be talking and strategizing, with Titanfall it is a lot of silence.

With all of that being said, I have a lot of fun playing it!
wags83

Titanfall 2

Postby wags83 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:03 am

I mostly agree with all of that. Maybe the teamwork thing would be different on a different game type? I've never looked at the other ones.
More stats would be nice to have.
bmyoungs

Titanfall 2

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:05 am

Tyler wrote:Titanfall is fun, but I don't think it scratches the same itch as playing COD with the gang back in the day
1) No time for shenanigans. In CoD you and your buddies could take over a building or part of the map and screw around. In Titanfall if you ever slow down you die
2) Teamwork. In CoD you were rewarded by using team work. The only time teamwork comes into play in Titanfall is when to call a Titan and to stay in a group. There is no "watch this window while I cover the back door".
3) Maps. This could be in part to be not having unlimited time to learn the maps, but I find that none of them offer "fun" things. No sniper nests. No alleys you can guard with turrets.
4) Lack of stats! I like seeing stats to know that we are all improving
In COD we would constantly be talking and strategizing, with Titanfall it is a lot of silence.

With all of that being said, I have a lot of fun playing it!

I pretty much agree, although I love killing grunts, I kind of wish they weren't such a big part of online play.

I wish they would have a stat line for assists!! If they are going to display assists on screen when you have one I want to know my end total.

I still hold original gears as my favorite online experience. I could play fast or slow and team work was rewarded when done well.

There is a pilot only game mode in tf2 which I think would make it more interesting since I only die to titans!
wags83

Titanfall 2

Postby wags83 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:12 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I wish they would have a stat line for assists!! If they are going to display assists on screen when you have one I want to know my end total.

Werd, assists do nothing for your score in the game. They're only good for getting you a few more XP for weapons and whatnot.
Tyler
Owner

Titanfall 2

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:25 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Maybe the teamwork thing would be different on a different game type?

That's why I liked Rainbow Six Siege. It forced us to play together, not just run and gun.

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I wish they would have a stat line for assists!! If they are going to display assists on screen when you have one I want to know my end total.

Very annoying. I want access to all stats! I want to know how many Titans I've killed using my anti-titan gun vs the titan cannon. I want to know my KD.
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post There is a pilot only game mode in tf2 which I think would make it more interesting since I only die to titans!

Is that a deluxe game mode? I tried playing a couple different ones over the weekend but was locked out of them. I spent 5 minutes looking for a free for all game but there werent enough players, that isn't a good sign.
It would be funny if we started playing a Pilot only map, we should have just bought an older COD game at that point....hey...we should buy an older COD game.

However...I think we can all compete in Titanfall with a controller on PC. If we were playing BF or COD I don't think we would stand a chance.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Titanfall 2

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:50 pm

wags83

Titanfall 2

Postby wags83 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:05 pm

I wonder what "rebalanced" means for the titans. I use Tone.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Hopefully making them more powerful!
bmyoungs

Titanfall 2

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Tyler wrote:Hopefully making them more powerful!

Probably
wags83

Titanfall 2

Postby wags83 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:56 am

Played the campaign for a while last night. It's pretty fun. I like being able to try out all the different weapons in a more forgiving setting. I still like the main gun I use in multiplayer the best, but it might just be because I'm more used to it. I have it on "average" difficulty and the enemy titans are super easy to kill. Did anyone play the campaign in the first Titanfall? I didn't realize there was time travel elements to it.
Tyler
Owner

Titanfall 2

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:01 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Did anyone play the campaign in the first Titanfall?

There was no campaign in the first Titanfall. I think there was a loose story told over the online maps, but no one followed/carried about it.
bmyoungs

Titanfall 2

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:45 am

I've played a bit of the campaign. It's a good story so far, Ive been pleasantly surprised
Tyler
Owner

Titanfall 2

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:11 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I've played a bit of the campaign. It's a good story so far, Ive been pleasantly surprised

I've read really good things about the campaign. The only complaint I've seen is the 5-7 hour length.
Tyler
Owner

Titanfall 2

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:49 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Annoying thing, they dropped death stats. Hard to know if know if you are improving if you don't know how many times you've died. They also don't record stats across multiple matches, like kills per gun.

Corey informed me all of this is being tracked and will eventually make it to the game.
[urlhttps://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/59m4gk/let_us_not_forget_the_sheer_amount_of_player/d99knf5/]This thread confirms that. [/url]

I am scared to see my K:D when that is updated. I am guessing 0.7
bmyoungs

Titanfall 2

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Tyler wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Annoying thing, they dropped death stats. Hard to know if know if you are improving if you don't know how many times you've died. They also don't record stats across multiple matches, like kills per gun.

Corey informed me all of this is being tracked and will eventually make it to the game.
[urlhttps://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/59m4gk/let_us_not_forget_the_sheer_amount_of_player/d99knf5/]This thread confirms that. [/url]

I am scared to see my K:D when that is updated. I am guessing 0.7

Mine is probably like .2 unless they count grunt kills then I'm probably 2.0
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Haha, they don't count grunts. 0.7 is pretty optimistic for me. Based on today's playing it will be right at your 0.2
bmyoungs

Titanfall 2

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Tyler wrote:Haha, they don't count grunts. 0.7 is pretty optimistic for me. Based on today's playing it will be right at your 0.2

Certainly doesn't help I average 2-5 actual kills and 25 grunts
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Stats are coming on the 30th I think Corey said. Let's play that night to check it out

Return to “Video Games”