Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Killing Floor 2

kyle

Killing Floor 2

Postby kyle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post I got cornered by 2 fleshpounds trying to get back to the funnel platform.

Tough break. The key is to keep moving since the hard zeds are so fast and strong, or to find a place that you can 100% guard, which I don't think exists except for the spot we were using.

I think overall we were doing really well. That last round i did switch to the medic and i was only level 1, and have never played it before so that could be partly why we lost. Or maybe sitting in a tight corner makes it so we had no where to run when we started getting overwhelmed by fleshpounds/scrakes/sirens :think:
bmyoungs

Killing Floor 2

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:59 am

Tyler wrote:
wags83 wrote:We tried really hard

We played 4? levels on hard and made it to the boss every time expect for the last time.

Bmyoungs, we did the snow level and did our funnel strategy. It worked really well, until it didn't and we lost.

Was it because I wasn't watching your back near the roof
Tyler
Owner

Killing Floor 2

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post That last round i did switch to the medic and i was only level 1, and have never played it before so that could be partly why we lost

I'm too invested in Commando to ever try anything new. Does the medic work like the ammo guy and you need to go up and request, or does the medic throw the glowing blue thing that you can stand in and shoot while being healed?
Tyler
Owner

Killing Floor 2

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Was it because I wasn't watching your back near the roof

Haha. I was watching the rear. Even on hard it is a 1 person job and you get 1/10th the kills compared to the front lines.
kyle

Killing Floor 2

Postby kyle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:38 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post That last round i did switch to the medic and i was only level 1, and have never played it before so that could be partly why we lost

I'm too invested in Commando to ever try anything new. Does the medic work like the ammo guy and you need to go up and request, or does the medic throw the glowing blue thing that you can stand in and shoot while being healed?

So as the medic i can use my self heal like normal. I do also have those blue smoke grenades that heal people who stand in it and damage enemies. But the best part is on all medic guns the alternate fire shoots a healing dart that i can use on others and it will heal them just like using the self heal does. This is on a very low cooldown in comparison to the self heal.

I feel having a medic is probably a really good idea if we plan on surviving through the harder difficulties :)
bmyoungs

Killing Floor 2

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:54 pm

I love support. I tried medic but had no idea about the healing dart. I just don't want to level up a new perk

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
kyle

Killing Floor 2

Postby kyle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I love support. I tried medic but had no idea about the healing dart. I just don't want to level up a new perk

I think having a support is definitely a good thing for the ammo and raw damage output of shotguns. Welding can be useful in some situations as well.

I might switch my main perk to Medic just so we have someone doing it, maybe i will even get good at it? :P
Tyler
Owner

Killing Floor 2

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:50 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post I might switch my main perk to Medic just so we have someone doing it, maybe i will even get good at it?

Way to take one for the team. I can learn to use a new perk as well if we feel the team needs adjusting.

If only Feddersen was here. I think he is taking up a new perk, but can't remember which one. It might have been Medic.
Tyler
Owner

Killing Floor 2

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:22 am

Let's try to put a little strategy into this. I think there are 7 of us that play, but it's usually 5 at a time. Maybe we should split classes (I know they are called perks, but that is dumb) up so each of us focus on two? We all have one that we've already leveled up pretty far, but start working on a second?

Feddersen - Support 11, Medic
Tyler - Commando 15, ?
Kyle - ?
Wagner - Commando 15, ?
Corey - Commando 12ish?, ?
Mike - Commando ?, ?
Brad - Support 11, Firebug

Kyle, get out your Wiki, assuming a group of 5, what classes make the most sense? I was reading the wiki the other day and realized Commandos are the worst against fleshpounds and chainsaws.

Support - Gives ammo
Medic - Shoots health darts and healing grenade
Commando - indentify invisible zeds to team, low damage against big bois
bmyoungs

Killing Floor 2

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:45 am

My primary is support I think level 12 or 13?

I'd play with firebug

kyle

Killing Floor 2

Postby kyle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Kyle, get out your Wiki, assuming a group of 5, what classes make the most sense?

Honestly I think the best composition would be as follows:
Berzerker: Good at keeping the zeds at bay. If someone can get good at parrying they could even keep scrakes and fleshpounds busy.
Commando: Helps cut through small to mid size zeds and can see stalkers.
Support: Great damage with shotguns which is useful against bigger zeds. The extra ammo is a huge help, plus can weld doors.
Medic: Absolute necessity going into later difficulties. Can heal teammates from a distance and put down the healing grenades.
Demolitionist: Puts out INSANE damage which is great against larger zeds and the boss. Also gives out grenades.
Firebug: Fire does a lot of damage over time and has a large area of effect. Also all zeds will go through a "Panic" stage when they are on fire which makes them move slower, and sometimes stop outright. This can be great to keep them distracted so the rest of the team can cut them down.

This is obviously with a group of 6 which is the max team size. If we can somehow have this composition every game i think we would stand a lot better chance of winning.

OPTIONAL:
Sharpshooter: When getting headshots sharpshooters do insane damage especially against larger zeds.
Gunslinger: Middle ground between commando and sharpshooter. Similar to the sharpshooter, you need to land headshots to be effective. Also good against larger zeds.
SWAT: Great at cutting down weaker zeds as they have the highest rate of fire weapons in the game.

Literally useless:
Survivalist: This class starts with random weapons and doesn't really specialize at anything...a jack of all trades but master of none. Not very useful in a premade composition.

Source: https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Perks_(Killing_Floor_2)
Tyler
Owner

Killing Floor 2

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:28 pm

kyle wrote:Source of the post plus can weld doors.

I think any class can weld doors, can support FIX broken doors?
kyle

Killing Floor 2

Postby kyle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:38 pm

kyle wrote:Source of the post plus can weld doors.

I think any class can weld doors, can support FIX broken doors?

All classes can weld and fix doors. My apologies. I meant they can weld doors FASTER and fix doors FASTER lol
bmyoungs

Killing Floor 2

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Everyone can weld, might be faster with support. Firebug is ok. The starter weapons are rough you would need to be with a group for it to be useful.

I did not know if you use a weapon from another perk you level up that perk. That would explain why I haven't leveled up as much.

Tyler
Owner

Killing Floor 2

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 pm

kyle wrote:Source of the post All classes can weld and fix doors.

If a door is off its hinges I can't do anything about it as a commando
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I did not know if you use a weapon from another perk you level up that perk. That would explain why I haven't leveled up as much.

Werd. I only use commando AR's
kyle

Killing Floor 2

Postby kyle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:54 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Everyone can weld, might be faster with support. Firebug is ok. The starter weapons are rough you would need to be with a group for it to be useful.

I did not know if you use a weapon from another perk you level up that perk. That would explain why I haven't leveled up as much.

Yep! The firebug is more of a "support" type perk, focusing less on actually killing zeds and more on damaging them, weakening them, and making them "Panic".

And yeah that is a big thing to know is you only level up your perk when doing things required to level your perk. Most perks need damage done by perk weapons, and one other requirement. Medic gets XP from healing allies, support gets XP from welding doors, etc.
kyle

Killing Floor 2

Postby kyle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:55 pm

kyle wrote:Source of the post All classes can weld and fix doors.

If a door is off its hinges I can't do anything about it as a commando

Oh crap you're right. Only Supports can REPAIR doors but anyone can weld. Good to know!
wags83

Killing Floor 2

Postby wags83 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:34 pm

I noticed I went through a lot more ammo on hard. I would almost never have to switch to my secondary when we played normal and I think I did every round after round 2 on hard.

Also, I think Feddersen is leveling up Support.
Tyler
Owner

Killing Floor 2

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 am

I got up to level 7 (i think) Demolition over the weekend. Kyle was right, the damage I can do to the big zeds is awesome.

I don't think Feddersen can play on Mondays, do we have anyone else that plays medic?

I got up to level 4 gun slinger. That one is fun to play, but doesn't really do anything that benefits the team as directly as demo, support, medic.
bmyoungs

Killing Floor 2

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:42 am

I could start leveling up medic now that I know how the healing dart works. I only have support anywhere decent everything else is level 2 or less

Return to “Video Games”