Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Yooka Laylee

kyle

Yooka Laylee

Postby kyle » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Do you yearn for the good old days back on Nintendo 64? The golden age of 3d platformers developed by the wonderful company Rare before it was bought out and destroyed by Microsoft? Beautiful hub worlds with several worlds to explore, and lots of things to collect?

Look no further! Some of the developers from Rare started their own company called Playtonic Games and they just released Yooka Laylee!
Yooka Laylee is a spiritual successor to the Banjo Kazooie game series. It is a 3d platformer with memorable characters, witty dialog, and challenging puzzles.

I was a backer of Yooka Laylee on Kickstarter back in the day and played it a bunch after it released yesterday. It is a great game and definitely something you should all look into if you are a fan of 3d platformers!

The game is available on PC, Xbone and Ps4. It will come to the switch later this summer as well.
Tyler
Owner

Yooka Laylee

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:15 pm

$40 on Steam
A little rich for my blood. What did you have to pay for the Kickstarter?
I am intrigued by the local co-op. How does it compare to Mario 3D World? My wife isn't a gamer, but she had a blast playing that with me on Wii U.

Looks like it would be a fun game to play on the TV via SteamLink
kyle

Yooka Laylee

Postby kyle » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post $40 on Steam
A little rich for my blood. What did you have to pay for the Kickstarter?
I am intrigued by the local co-op. How does it compare to Mario 3D World? My wife isn't a gamer, but she had a blast playing that with me on Wii U.

Looks like it would be a fun game to play on the TV via SteamLink

I only payed 15$ for the kickstarter so it wasn't too bad.

The local co-op i haven't tried, but i think it's mostly just mini games.

It definitely is a 'sit back in front of your TV with a controller' kind of game :)
Tyler
Owner

Yooka Laylee

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:23 pm

kyle wrote:Source of the post The local co-op i haven't tried, but i think it's mostly just mini games.

That's disappointing to hear. I would have seriously considered it if the whole game was co-op like Mario 3D World.

I'm expecting you to confirm it either way.
kyle

Yooka Laylee

Postby kyle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:48 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
kyle wrote:Source of the post The local co-op i haven't tried, but i think it's mostly just mini games.

That's disappointing to hear. I would have seriously considered it if the whole game was co-op like Mario 3D World.

I'm expecting you to confirm it either way.

It would seem that the "Co-op" is just one person can control a cursor on the screen called the B squad and help by stunning enemies etc. Similar to the star cursor in super mario galaxy 1 and 2.

The single player gameplay is super fun still!
Tyler
Owner

Yooka Laylee

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post It would seem that the "Co-op" is just one person can control a cursor on the screen called the B squad and help by stunning enemies etc.

What a let down

Return to “Video Games”