Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Overcooked

Donomoto

Overcooked

Postby Donomoto » Thu May 04, 2017 7:12 am

Kayla and I got this last night. We 3-stared all of the first chapter levels, and got 2 or 3 stars on the first 6 levels of chapter 2. I really want to play this 4-player though. I think it would be fun/crazy.
Tyler
Owner

Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Thu May 04, 2017 7:15 am

Donomoto wrote:Source of the post Kayla and I got this last night. We 3-stared all of the first chapter levels, and got 2 or 3 stars on the first 6 levels of chapter 2. I really want to play this 4-player though. I think it would be fun/crazy.

Wow...make us look bad! I'll have to make note next time we play what our exact stars are.

I agree, 4 player would be crazy! Has anyone tried sharing a controller? That seems like it would be too stressful to handle.
Tyler
Owner

Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Sat May 06, 2017 1:03 pm

We did 4 players last night with 2 controllers. It was a lot of fun!
It is very strange to hold a controller with only one hand. You quickly figure out the controls, but your arm gets sore from holding it so oddly. If we each had our own control I bet we would have done 25% better.

Some levels work great with 4 players, but some of them make it much much harder.
kyle

Overcooked

Postby kyle » Mon May 08, 2017 7:41 am

I would think having 4 players could be super hectic. Especially if you are all using the "dash" ability that SHOVES other players hahaha
Tyler
Owner

Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Thu May 11, 2017 6:56 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Get a Steam Link next time they are $20!

Woah that's super cheap. I'll def have to pick one up. Thanks!

NOW NOW NOW NOW
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016X ... PDKIKX0DER
Donomoto

Overcooked

Postby Donomoto » Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 am

Kayla and I beat the main campaign. We did it without being forced to go back and get stars to continue. Now we have to try the DLC!
kyle

Overcooked

Postby kyle » Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 am

Donomoto wrote:Source of the post Kayla and I beat the main campaign. We did it without being forced to go back and get stars to continue. Now we have to try the DLC!

The DLC is pretty fun! My wife and I did most of it but then got sad and didnt want it to end so we will go back and finish it another day :)
Tyler
Owner

Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Fri May 12, 2017 7:44 am

I thought about buying the game+DLC combo but figured I would buy the DLC when we wanted it. Maybe we will play this game tomorrow night.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Mon May 15, 2017 11:40 am

Jocelyn's mother day request was to play this last night after kiddo went to bed. We got 3 stars on all of world 1 and most of 2. We then played the newest levels we unlocked.

The one with no lights/flash lights was horrible the first time. I think we ended up with a negative score. We tried it again and got 3 stars without even realizing it. I got into a groove and did 5 soups to Jocelyn's 2. We didn't play as a team at all but it worked out well.

The one after the flashlight is tough. The map changes drastically by moving food/skillet/cutting board and we keep get separated the worst way possible.
Tyler
Owner

Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Wed May 24, 2017 6:57 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Get a Steam Link next time they are $20!

Woah that's super cheap. I'll def have to pick one up. Thanks!

On sale again
https://slickdeals.net/f/10181768-steam ... -99-amazon
Donomoto

Overcooked

Postby Donomoto » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 pm

I did it! 3-Starred all of campaign. Now I won't get those hours of my life back... but they were fun!
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 am

Donomoto wrote:I did it! 3-Starred all of campaign. Now I won't get those hours of my life back... but they were fun!

Damn! That's impressive. What one was the hardest?
Donomoto

Overcooked

Postby Donomoto » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:20 am

I don't remember numbers, but there was a later ice level where you are making soup, it's divided into four corners, and the only way to get from a corner to another is to go frogger style across two rows of ice.

The other is a space one where there are 4 modules, but you only have access to the left and right ones. When you hit the button, it rotates them and you get access to the other two. The really stupid thing is that you're making Salads, Burgers, AND soup. You only have 2 prep tables, and only 2 stoves. Ridiculous.

That said, my favorite ones are the blow torch ones in the DLC. Still a great game to play with random people on the weekend.
Tyler
Owner

Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:49 am

Donomoto wrote:Source of the postI did it! 3-Starred all of campaign. Now I won't get those hours of my life back... but they were fun!

You only logged 28 total hours (I checked your Steam), that's not bad!
If you look at my stats it's not a true comparison since some of our time was dedicated to 4 player with 2 controllers and none of that was productive.

We played last night and worked on 3 star-ing some of the easier levels, I think we picked up 2 more. Did you ever look at Youtube for strategy. The first space level where you pass the food back and forth via the airlock is so hard for us to find a rhythm
Donomoto

Overcooked

Postby Donomoto » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:03 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post We played last night and worked on 3 star-ing some of the easier levels, I think we picked up 2 more. Did you ever look at Youtube for strategy. The first space level where you pass the food back and forth via the airlock is so hard for us to find a rhythm

The only thing I looked up on Youtube was Let's Plays of this group of 4 ridiculous people.

As for the first Space Level (5-1 I think, or that's the one I looked at), we just had the left side take enough stuff for the first two meals, then send over the container to the right side, and then had them pull out the stuff for two meals, then send it back.
Tyler
Owner

Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:30 pm

On sale for $10 with the DLC. Easy buy for someone with 2 controllers and a spouse/partner/lover/kid/friend!

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/17 ... t_Edition/

Edit: or 1 controller since you can share it.
Tyler
Owner

Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:45 am

Tyler
Owner

Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:15 pm

On Steam for $8.50
Tyler
Owner

Re: Overcooked

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Played this with 4 players and 4 controllers (thanks to wilkins for loaning me his) a few weeks ago, much easier than sharing a controller. We were able to gold one map, but otherwise it was pure chaos. Im the only one to ever use boost so I would just knock everyone out of my way.
kyle

Overcooked

Postby kyle » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:42 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Played this with 4 players and 4 controllers (thanks to wilkins for loaning me his) a few weeks ago, much easier than sharing a controller. We were able to gold one map, but otherwise it was pure chaos. Im the only one to ever use boost so I would just knock everyone out of my way.

I had the same experience when i played it with 4 people. We all ended up agreeing to not use boost...but i still would do it here and there haha

Return to “Video Games”