Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

Tyler
Owner

Re: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Congrats on beating DotA 2 as the most popular online game on Steam. First time in 6 years it wasn't #1
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

I got my first chicken dinner in solo the ohter day!!!!!!

I was very excited for about 10 minutes and then got 90th in the next game, lol!
Donomoto

Postby Donomoto » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:29 am

So... with me having less than 10 games under my belt, I'd like to discuss strategy (I haven't looked at reddit or strategy pages, so I'm very inexperieneced. Wilkins and crew love the "Rush the populous area, screw everyone over, and win the game" strategy. However, I'm thinking of solo/duo queue. Here's my thoughts, and I'd love to have people contest it:

- Jump when your normal vector points toward the greatest weapon cache that is farthest from the plane flight path.
- Rush that area and get those weapons
- Return to center.

I've only played one game where I've done this, and it was moderately successful. Has anyone else tried this as their main strategy?4
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:47 am

Donomoto wrote:Source of the post - Jump when your normal vector points toward the greatest weapon cache that is farthest from the plane flight path.
- Rush that area and get those weapons
- Return to center.

So the great thing about the game is that you can really do whatever you want and it will work out. I really hate the "drop in literally the most populous area and win" especially in squads. Almost every time someone ends up dead and then they are just stuck watching the rest of the game. I like that strat in duo/solo though. That being said there are also games where I drop into the small spots as well. It just depends on what I'm feeling when I see the flight path, honestly.

In squads I like going to the far good loot spots, depending on the flight path, and then yeah driving towards the circle if I am not in it. For squads going to the small groups of buildings is silly unless you split into two groups of two just because there's not enough loot for 4 people.

Wilkins is a big fan of never running, I love traveling in vehicles, even if it's one of the later-mid-game circles.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:08 am

Just saw on SlickDeals that this game is on sale.
https://slickdeals.net/f/10576352-playe ... via-newegg
Tyler
Owner

Re: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:12 am

Wow! A whole $3.50 off. I wonder how returns work when buying it through Newegg? Does Steam care?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:48 am

I guess I didn't know what the regular price was. The deal had a little flame near it so I figured it was a better deal than that.
kyle

Postby kyle » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:43 am

Yeah that's a pretty garbage sale. Although i still play this game almost every day so I dont feel bad for paying full price of $30 :P

Return to “Video Games”