Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Robo Recall (Oculus Rift)

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:49 pm

I'm sure everyone is tired of my VR posting since I've only owned it for 20 hours and have already posted 15 things.

Played the first few levels of this game last night, one of the best VR experiences I've had. It's your typical shooter, expect you are a robot killing other robots. First level you use teleportation to move, but I think in later levels you can only move by "jumping" into other robots. I think the story is you're a computer program and can jump to different hosts, but as soon as you take control the robot recognizes you and starts shutting itself down, starting with it's legs.

The gameplay mechanic is what makes this game. You can grab robots that are close to you and use your other hand to rip off limbs/head. Once you do that you can throw them at other robots and explode them. You can also grab bullets flying towards you and throw them back to the robots.

Another fun thing is once your gun is out of ammo you just throw it and reach for a new gun at your hip or reach behind your back to grab a shotgun.

Was free with Touch controls, but I think you can play on the Vive if you're crafty. 86% on Metacritic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sFeiTYp9UY
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:04 pm

That sounds really awesome. Just pack everything up whenever you come visit and we can play here.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:40 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post That sounds really awesome. Just pack everything up whenever you come visit and we can play here.

Easier for me not to pack it up and we just go to Corey's....
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post That sounds really awesome. Just pack everything up whenever you come visit and we can play here.

Easier for me not to pack it up and we just go to Corey's....

I don't know about that
kyle

Postby kyle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Yeah i have played this one at my friends place, it is probably my favorite VR game he had
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:43 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post First level you use teleportation to move, but I think in later levels you can only move by "jumping" into other robots. I think the story is you're a computer program and can jump to different hosts, but as soon as you take control the robot recognizes you and starts shutting itself down, starting with it's legs.

I might have been wrong. I think I was describing a different robot VR shooter called Raw Data. Robo Recall might be straight teleportation.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:21 pm

I've never been more disappointed in you.
kyle

Postby kyle » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post First level you use teleportation to move, but I think in later levels you can only move by "jumping" into other robots. I think the story is you're a computer program and can jump to different hosts, but as soon as you take control the robot recognizes you and starts shutting itself down, starting with it's legs.

I might have been wrong. I think I was describing a different robot VR shooter called Raw Data. Robo Recall might be straight teleportation.

I only played the first few levels and you could only teleport so idk lol
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:34 am

Guys, this is my favorite VR game so far. I love being able to grab bullets and throw them back at the robots. Or grab robots, us them as a shield, and then throw them at other robots.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Robo Recall (Oculus Rift)

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:09 am

wags83 wrote:Guys, this is my favorite VR game so far. I love being able to grab bullets and throw them back at the robots. Or grab robots, us them as a shield, and then throw them at other robots.
That is very satisfying. You should also check out Super Hot VR if you like the bullet stuff in Robo Recall
Tyler
Owner

Re: Robo Recall (Oculus Rift)

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 pm

There is a mod that does thumbstick movement vs teleporting. Some users like that more. Someone give it a try.

I haven't actually played this game enough to get to the 2nd save point, or is there even one?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 pm

There is a mod that does thumbstick movement vs teleporting. Some users like that more. Someone give it a try.

I haven't actually played this game enough to get to the 2nd save point, or is there even one?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post There is a mod that does thumbstick movement vs teleporting. Some users like that more. Someone give it a try.

Hmm...that might be more natural for a lot of the movement, but there are definitely situations where teleporting is beneficial (like getting to the other side of shielded or bigger bots to shoot them from behind).
Tyler wrote:Source of the post I haven't actually played this game enough to get to the 2nd save point, or is there even one?

It auto saves after you either complete or fail an individual mission. I think I've attempted 4 or 5 different missions so far.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Also, you get various numbers of stars on the missions based on metrics that you achieve. Some of them seem really difficult and at this point my best mission is on 2 stars (5 is the best). I think to get all 5 stars you have to complete the mission without using a weapon, so only melee or throwing bullets/robots.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Played this for about an hour today. This game is so much fun, but I wish you could die. There is really no incentive to move around other than to get close enough to grab.

I tried the mod but couldn't get it working. I'll try again because I think using the analog stick to move would increase my game. The mod also includes a jump and slow down time button. When using the mod you can't qualify for the scoreboard.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:06 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post There is really no incentive to move around other than to get close enough to grab.

The first couple missions I did, I didn't even consider moving around during the actual fighting. In the missions where you need to capture a certain amount of bots you need to move because not enough of them get close enough to you to grab.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:21 am

Corey and Bmyoungs, have you guys even tried this yet?!
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:35 pm

For some reason I thought this was called Hobo Recall. I thought it was like a Total Recall game but the main character is a hobo.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:55 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post For some reason I thought this was called Hobo Recall. I thought it was like a Total Recall game but the main character is a hobo.

I'd play that game.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:36 pm

Tyler wrote:Corey and Bmyoungs, have you guys even tried this yet?!
Yes I have. I enjoyed it but haven't played much of it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Video Games”