Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Rec Room (Free VR game)

Tyler
Owner

Re: Rec Room (Free VR game)

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:43 am

Crckrjack, Corey, and I tried the new quest last night. I think we played it for almost 2 hours and we must have gotten really close the last time because we were playing for 35 mins and the other quests are around 45 min total.

Crckrjack is way better than us and he carried us for. When wags, Corey, bmyoungs, and I tried it last week we couldn't even get through the first room. We did this easily every time last night.

There was a moment in the game where I've laughed the hardest in recent memory. The game puts you in a cabin and there is a huge ambush. We were all crawling around on the floor to survive and screaming at each other when we you downed. Corey started rolling around and poking his head through the wall (cheating). It was out of control. Maybe my new favorite VR gaming moment.

This quest is harder than the other because not all enemies spawn the same every time. We memorized the general layout when we could, but the numbers and type of enemies were not always the same.

I cant wait to try again with 3 or 4.
CrckrJack

Rec Room (Free VR game)

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:19 am

Super fun. with 4 people we easily would have gotten to the boss!

I like the bow and arrow one a lot more than the gun one. Both super fun though. I don't get as active during the gun one. In this one i would definitely say that I was doing much more crouching/leaning than in the 1st bow one.

Would play again.
wags83

Rec Room (Free VR game)

Postby wags83 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post There was a moment in the game where I've laughed the hardest in recent memory. The game puts you in a cabin and there is a huge ambush. We were all crawling around on the floor to survive and screaming at each other when we you downed. Corey started rolling around and poking his head through the wall (cheating). It was out of control. Maybe my new favorite VR gaming moment.

Loling thinking about this
CrckrJack

Rec Room (Free VR game)

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:14 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Loling thinking about this

Tyler was having giggle fits all night. it was great.
Tyler
Owner

Rec Room (Free VR game)

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Super fun. with 4 people we easily would have gotten to the boss!

We had basically 2.5 people tonight. Brad had to leave a little early and I kept getting disconnected. Brad left his character up luckily while he was AFK so that helped us a lot actually. It was also beneficial that if you died you could leave and come back and be alive.

We did soooo much better tonight and made it there so faster. We played for an hour and didn't make it to the boss.
bmyoungs

Rec Room (Free VR game)

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:26 am

Marshall has had quite the fever the last couple days. He's sleeping poorly also. Doctor said his first set of molars are coming in.

I'll have to play this when I'm not trying to be quiet though since I can't move around much being right next to his room

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Rec Room (Free VR game)

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:50 am

Was not our night last night. I can't believe we played one game on Tuesday and got as far as we did. We tried again last night and got hung up on some of the easier stages. I think we were rushing it too much because we were overly confident

My network issues aren't fixed but at least I got disconnected less often (possibly from switching routers?). It almost seemed like the more we progressed the more often it happened.
Tyler
Owner

Rec Room (Free VR game)

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:58 am

We tried the sandbox mode last night. You can pick any map/level and there is a vending machine on it. The host can spawn any weapon, sports equipment, etc from it. It was fun chasing each other around a huge empty map with all the different guns, but there was no order to it. The game alerts you when you are hit/hit someone, but it doesn't do any scoring. In this mode you are suppose to manually keep track of score. We didn't set up any rules or objectives though, so we just chase each other around and there was no winner or loser. Probably won't play it again unless they have rule sets you can choose from.
wags83

Rec Room (Free VR game)

Postby wags83 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:14 am

It's neat to be able to use whatever objects/weapons from other games, but without any score keeping or objectives it's not going to have much re-playability.

Return to “Video Games”