Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Echo Arena (VR multiplayer)

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:12 am

Some (Tested podcast) are calling this THE killer app for VR. Some of them played the demo last year for the campaign (entirely different game called Lone Echo) and over the past couple of weeks the multiplayer game was in open beta. It was announced that Echo Arena will be free on the Oculus store for the first 3 months and cost $20 after that. This is not a 3 months trial, if you claim it within this window you get to play for free always.

Note: those with HTC Vive can play this Rift game, and all Rift games, by using the program ReVive.

Game comes out on the 20th. Still in open beta until the 17th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSC8nEgHKN8
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 am

I played some of this last night. I didn't even get into a game, but I played around in the lobby where you can do all the movements, do practice games, etc. I played about 20 minutes and started feeling a little sick. I think this is a game that you need to build up a tolerance. Zero G is a really weird thing to experience in game while not moving your feet in the physical realm.

On a side note, Tested podcast last week talked about people being sexually harassed in this game. Playing CoD and getting yelled at by kids is nothing out of the ordinary, but it is on a completely different level when it seems like you're in a room with someone and they say/do something like that. The game allows you to grab a hold of people. It is unsettling when a player grabs you by the head and pulls you closer to them.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:26 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post It is unsettling when a player grabs you by the head and pulls you closer to them.

Oh man i bet that is really nauseating.

In onward you walk up hill and stuff and sometimes that alone gets me motion sick.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Majority of players do not get sick from this game. I think I'm still getting my VR sea legs though.

You should try playing it with Revive. I think you would get way into this game.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:41 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I think you would get way into this game.

I don't think i will ever play a game in VR that will get me really hooked until somebody comes up with a really good RPG. Even if like dungeon defenders was playable in VR i would eat that shit up.

Last I knew there was no RPG-esque games in VR.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Echo Arena (VR multiplayer)

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm

20th is the last day to claim this for free.

Return to “Video Games”