Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Darkest Dungeon

CrckrJack

Darkest Dungeon

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:59 am

I was going to buy this game a couple weeks ago and then realized that my little brother has it, so i have been mooching it off of him. I ended up playing it because I didn't think i had enough time for a game of PUBG and now i am playing this over pubg (unless i have friends on).

This game is super awesome. It is a turn based RPG, a lot like final fantasy. I think wilkins would like it since he has a mega boner for those games.

This is also like the first game that I wish i had a tablet/surface pro for. Being able to play it in bed/on the couch would be super great.

From wiki:
Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic RPG about the stresses of dungeon crawling. You will lead a band of Heroes on a perilous side-scrolling descent, dealing with a prodigious number of threats to their bodily health, and worse, a relentless assault on their mental fortitude! Five hundred feet below the earth you will not only fight unimaginable Foes, but famine, Disease, and the Stress of the ever-encroaching Dark. Darkest Dungeon focuses on the humanity and psychological vulnerability of the heroes and asks: What emotional toll does a life of adventure take?

The game is annoying because your heroes WILL die. It's not if, it's when. Super annoying to level new ones back up.
Tyler
Owner

Darkest Dungeon

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:07 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post This is also like the first game that I wish i had a tablet/surface pro for. Being able to play it in bed/on the couch would be super great.

Do you have an Android tablet? There is an app that lets you stream games to it from your PC, pretty much like the Steam Link. Not sure how controls would work though.
CrckrJack

Darkest Dungeon

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:28 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Do you have an Android tablet? There is an app that lets you stream games to it from your PC, pretty much like the Steam Link. Not sure how controls would work though.

Nope!
CrckrJack

Darkest Dungeon

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Yesterday I got absolutely destroyed in a dungeon and it made me rage quit.

I ended up losing 3 of my max characters, a ton of trinkets, and they all had 5/5 weapon/armor upgrades. It's not like "i'm never going to play the game ever again" bad, but definitely did not play it the rest of the night.
wags83

Darkest Dungeon

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Lolz, that's really funny to me mostly because I know I would be super pissed about that too. Is there actually an end to the game or does it just keep going until you die?
Tyler
Owner

Darkest Dungeon

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:13 pm

That sux.....
How long did it take you to build that stuff up?
CrckrJack

Darkest Dungeon

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:08 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Lolz, that's really funny to me mostly because I know I would be super pissed about that too. Is there actually an end to the game or does it just keep going until you die?

I think you can farm mindlessly for forever. I know that the final boss has a number of levels, but i'm not really sure how high it goes. The subreddit says like DD1, DD2, DD3 often, so I am actually curious if it goes infinitely high...

I died on DD1.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post That sux.....
How long did it take you to build that stuff up?

Honestly not like super long. you have to get lucky on the heroes that spawn, but beyond that it's really not that difficult to get a good comp.

Return to “Video Games”