Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

SportsBar VR

Tyler
Owner

SportsBar VR

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:34 am

This game started off as PoolNation VR and slowly transformed into SportsBar VR when more games were added. Currently it includes:
Pool
Air Hockey
Darts (with multiple modes)
Shuffleboard
Skiball
Misc crap to mess around with - beer bottles to break, giant dominos, balloon animals to pop with darts, gun that shoots softballs and you can hit with things, etc

The game is a lot like Rec Room in that it's meant to be social and random people can join your room. The problem is it isn't nearly as popular as Rec Room since it cost $20. I usually have to play solo for 5 minutes while waiting for someone to join.

I played with a guy last night for quite a bit. We did air hockey, shuffleboard, and skiball. Shuffleboard was probably the most fun. Skiball is the hardest because of the game height.

It is available on Steam and the Oculus store. I bought on Steam because they offer returns if you don't like a game and so I could share it. Currently Oculus store and Steam store users can not play together, but that is expected to be fixed soon. I also think the Oculus version gives you hands, but the Steam version just shows controllers.

I wish they offered more ways to customize your avatar, like Rec Room does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bMK7-JN_FY
Tyler
Owner

SportsBar VR

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 am

Corey bought last night and we played for a bit. I still think shuffleboard is the most fun, but that is lame to admit. Darts is fun too, but once I showed Corey how to "lock in" he was beating me every game. I won the air hockey match though! Skiball continues to be the hardest game and I haven't really tried pool.
CrckrJack

SportsBar VR

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Corey bought last night and we played for a bit. I still think shuffleboard is the most fun, but that is lame to admit. Darts is fun too, but once I showed Corey how to "lock in" he was beating me every game. I won the air hockey match though! Skiball continues to be the hardest game and I haven't really tried pool.

I bet pool is the most fun
bmyoungs

SportsBar VR

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Wish I had read this before buying it on Oculus store either way it's a lot of fun

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: SportsBar VR

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:12 am

bmyoungs wrote:Wish I had read this before buying it on Oculus store either way it's a lot of fun

We returned our steam games and rebought on Oculus. Corey thinks tracking isn't as good on the Oculus store version.

Was there anyone around to play with? If it's on sale for 50% off I bet there is an increase of players.
bmyoungs

SportsBar VR

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:29 am

Sarah played it and I played the climb last night she played solo mostly. She spent 20min in tutorial before realizing it was just the tutorial

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: SportsBar VR

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:23 am

bmyoungs wrote:Sarah played it and I played the climb last night she played solo mostly. She spent 20min in tutorial before realizing it was just the tutorial

Classic Sarah. Shuffleboard is my favorite game I think. Darts is fun, but I don't think there is a strong correlation between VR darts and real (same with most of the other games).

Would be a fun time to get the 4 of us into Sports Bar and just screw around, but I'm also having fun with Quest and we have the new sandbox mode to try in Rec Room.
wags83

SportsBar VR

Postby wags83 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Bought it
Tyler
Owner

Re: SportsBar VR

Postby Tyler » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Hot doggidty! Is this going to be our game this week? I can play Thursday
bmyoungs

SportsBar VR

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:14 pm

I can't play Thursday could play tonight or tomorrow

Tyler
Owner

SportsBar VR

Postby Tyler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Fun night in this game, other than Corey confirming something is wrong with his hands. Makes it impossible for him to play shuffle board.

We played a real game of pool that I won. The second game we used nerf guns instead of pool sticks to hit the balls. I won 2-1 because we ended up shooting all the other balls off the table.
Tyler
Owner

SportsBar VR

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 am

Got wags into the app last night. We screwed around 80% of the time, but we did play a real game of 301 darts. We also identified a weird tracking issue, so I need to research that or reach out to the developers.

Return to “Video Games”