Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

SportsBar VR

Tyler
Owner

SportsBar VR

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:34 am

This game started off as PoolNation VR and slowly transformed into SportsBar VR when more games were added. Currently it includes:
Pool
Air Hockey
Darts (with multiple modes)
Shuffleboard
Skiball
Misc crap to mess around with - beer bottles to break, giant dominos, balloon animals to pop with darts, gun that shoots softballs and you can hit with things, etc

The game is a lot like Rec Room in that it's meant to be social and random people can join your room. The problem is it isn't nearly as popular as Rec Room since it cost $20. I usually have to play solo for 5 minutes while waiting for someone to join.

I played with a guy last night for quite a bit. We did air hockey, shuffleboard, and skiball. Shuffleboard was probably the most fun. Skiball is the hardest because of the game height.

It is available on Steam and the Oculus store. I bought on Steam because they offer returns if you don't like a game and so I could share it. Currently Oculus store and Steam store users can not play together, but that is expected to be fixed soon. I also think the Oculus version gives you hands, but the Steam version just shows controllers.

I wish they offered more ways to customize your avatar, like Rec Room does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bMK7-JN_FY
Tyler
Owner

SportsBar VR

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 am

Corey bought last night and we played for a bit. I still think shuffleboard is the most fun, but that is lame to admit. Darts is fun too, but once I showed Corey how to "lock in" he was beating me every game. I won the air hockey match though! Skiball continues to be the hardest game and I haven't really tried pool.
CrckrJack

SportsBar VR

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Corey bought last night and we played for a bit. I still think shuffleboard is the most fun, but that is lame to admit. Darts is fun too, but once I showed Corey how to "lock in" he was beating me every game. I won the air hockey match though! Skiball continues to be the hardest game and I haven't really tried pool.

I bet pool is the most fun

Return to “Video Games”