Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Average VR play session

Tyler
Owner

Average VR play session

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:01 pm

This was the topic of the VR podcast I listened to this week. Just curious what your average session time is.

If I am playing alone, I play for about 45 minutes without taking the headset off. Once it is off I usually stop. I'm not exactly sure why I stop around that time. Usually because I have something else to do. I don't stop because I feel sick or too sweaty.

If I'm playing Rec Room with the group I can easily go for 2 hours, but I am going to need breaks in there to refuel and empty.

What's the longest you have played without breaks/without taking off the headset?

Kind of related note: I like the nose gap in the Oculus Rift. I don't notice it at all while I am playing, but it gives me just enough of a view if I try looking through it to access my phone or something. Vive guys, do you use the external camera to see the real world while in a game? I imagine that takes too many buttons and you just take off the headset.
CrckrJack

Average VR play session

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:05 pm

I just feel around for my beer.

I am pretty sure i have done a few 4 hour sessions (when i first got it and was unemployed).
wags83

Average VR play session

Postby wags83 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Vive guys, do you use the external camera to see the real world while in a game?

I didn't know the Vive had that feature, that would be kinda neat to have.

I'm probably about the same. It depends what I'm playing. RoboRecall is a game I really like so I'll play that for quite a while, whereas if I'm just trying something new I might only play for a few minutes. Like Echo Arena, I played through the tutorial, went into the game lobby, and went into the practice arena then quit.
Tyler
Owner

Average VR play session

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I didn't know the Vive had that feature, that would be kinda neat to have.

It sounds cool, but I don't think it gets used very often. I think there was a bug at first that having it on reduced frames, so a lot of people turned it off and most never turned the option back on.
CrckrJack

Average VR play session

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

I don't even know how to turn it on
bmyoungs

Average VR play session

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:02 pm

I can't really play much more than 45 minutes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Video Games”