Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

VRchat

Tyler
Owner

VRchat

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:00 pm

I'm so glad we randomly decided to play this tonight and that we stumbled into the room we did. First, VRchat is basically a way less polished version of the metaverse from Ready Player One. You join different rooms and interact with people. Avatars can be anything. Rick and Morty, Street fighter, Disney, 6" tall tinker Bell, anything!

There are built in rooms, like a lobby and some mini games, but there are also user created experiences. The highlight of the night was getting into an open mic night. When we joined the room there was a Rick, in character, greeting people and bringing them to their seats. There was a host with a full line up. Groups of people were back stage getting ready. Everyone (40 ish people) took a virtual seat and muted themselves so they didn't talk over the performers.

The acts we saw were:
1) short story. Didn't try to follow it. Corey and I were talking in a private chat about how awesome everything was
2) improv 3 some.
3) singer
4) stand up
5) another short story
6) singer/piano

This whole thing was put in my users, it wasn't the game creators. Corey and Wags almost got kicked out a few times. They made things awkward.

I'll try to find a YouTube example later. It was the first time for the open mic format, but the improv people meet often and have filmed it.
wags83

VRchat

Postby wags83 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:55 am

It is kinda neat how they organized the whole "show". And the only reason I almost got kicked out was because I didn't like that one person's long ass boring story and they couldn't take the criticism of a thumbs down. Corey was being a dik4 and throwing thumbs downs in that one guy's face.
Tyler
Owner

Re: VRchat

Postby Tyler » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:35 am

It wasn't constructive criticism! You should have given feedback afterwards on ways to improve.
wags83

VRchat

Postby wags83 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:25 pm

I never said constructive. Just criticism.
Tyler
Owner

Re: VRchat

Postby Tyler » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Lol. I'm just defending the people who had the courage to read their awful short stories in front of a room of virtual strangers
wags83

VRchat

Postby wags83 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Lolz

Return to “Video Games”