Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Checking in with VR

Tyler
Owner

Checking in with VR

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Last I checked there are 6 of us with VR on here. 4 Rifts and 2 Vives. I'm curious what everyone's thoughts on VR currently is.
I told my dad I was home alone Saturday night and might watch he movie, he didn't understand why I would waste a night alone with a movie instead of playing VR.

1) Do you regret buying it? Would you buy it again?
--I got mine for $300 and don't regret anything. At the new price of $400 I think it is still very worth it, but I don't think I would ever pay more. I don't play often enough to justify more than $400

2) What are your favorite game?
Single Player - SuperHot was the best game I finished
Lone Echo is best story, but I haven't revisited after being stressed by it
I want to get back to Rick and Morty too

3) What is your favorite experience?
Does BigScreen count?
Google Earth

4) Online or single player?
Playing with a group of 3+ is the most fun I have in VR. We need to get back into Rec Room or all buy a new game.
I probably play the most single player out of the Rift guys?

5) Thoughts on "flat" gaming
My VR podcasts guys have said they will never play a game on a monitor again. That is pretty silly to me. I have been enjoying Mordor and can't imagine I'll give up those types of game.
Even though it takes like 1 minutes to get hooked up in VR, it just seems easier to launch Mordor if I have 30 minutes to kill.

Closing thoughts.
I have a $400 toy that I use to watch TV with friends and I love it.
wags83

Checking in with VR

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post 1) Do you regret buying it? Would you buy it again?

I still like it and would buy again. From what I've read, VR seems to be picking up more as far as unit sales. I imagine after Christmas there will be a lot of new users.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post 2) What are your favorite game?

I like Robo Recall a lot because it seems like a real, full game. It's a pretty straight forward shooter but I like the mechanics and the game play and it's a good way to get into VR. I also like the archery game in "The Lab". It's just fun.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post 3) What is your favorite experience?

Probably the stupid things we do in multiplayer, whether it's Big Screen or RecRoom. I think the Quest game in RecRoom is probably the most fun, especially in the little hut when shit hits the fan and people are rolling around on the ground while everyone is getting shot at.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post 4) Online or single player?

I've only really had fun online when it's with friends rather than just random people, but that's how I always was with xbox too. I never really liked playing Halo or CoD online by myself unless it was with a party of people I knew.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post 5) Thoughts on "flat" gaming

I still like playing non-VR games on the monitor. It would be cool if they made some of those games into VR games though, that's what I'm really excited for.

Side note: a couple of my old roommates came over this past weekend and played it for the first time. Played the archery game in the Lab, a little bit of RoboRecall, and a little bit of Batman. They thought it was a lot of fun too.
bmyoungs

Checking in with VR

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:02 pm

I have not utilized it nearly enough to justify the price, but I don't regret buying it. It's certainly the coolest tech I have in my house. My goal is to move my office set up to our living room so I have more space, but that is not likely to happen right away.

Favorite game has been the climb.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sarah

Checking in with VR

Postby Sarah » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:02 pm

bmyoungs wrote:I have not utilized it nearly enough to justify the price, but I don't regret buying it. It's certainly the coolest tech I have in my house. My goal is to move my office set up to our living room so I have more space, but that is not likely to happen right away.

Favorite game has been the climb.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I approve even though I have used it all of 1 time.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Checking in with VR

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Sarah, Erin, Meg, and Jocelyn should all watch sappy tv together in VR.
Donomoto

Checking in with VR

Postby Donomoto » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:58 am

1) Do you regret buying it? Would you buy it again?
I bought my Vive for 800$... I don't regret buying it because I've had tons of people play it and have fun. But I would only buy another at a 400$ price point, max.

2) What are your favorite game?
Single Player - SuperHot and Space Pirate Trainer are both up there for my favorite games to play.
Multiplayer - I haven't jumped on that band wagon yet.

3) What is your favorite experience?
Google Earth has been fun to see. Martian: VR Experience is also pretty cool. I didn't realize how big Curiousity was until I was standing next to it.

4) Online or single player?
Single Player until I start allocating time to online games.

5) Thoughts on "flat" gaming
People are still making games for flat screens. While it is cool to play it in theater mode, if Kayla or someone is watching, I feel like I'm not being social at all.

Closing thoughts.
Super fun... I bought in too early I think... But I am happy with the amount of fun I've gotten out of it and how much other people have enjoyed it.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Sarah, Erin, Meg, and Jocelyn should all watch sappy tv together in VR.

I'm going to have to suggest this to Kayla.

Return to “Video Games”