Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Zombie Riot - Oculus VR

Tyler
Owner

Zombie Riot - Oculus VR

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:00 pm

This was free on Slickdeals, normally $20. I got it and tested the WindowsMR with it. It worked perfectly on the cheap desktop and headset. I did storymode. It's your typical wave shooter but the zombies make me laugh, like the baby zombie. I don't think there is teleportation, at least not in the levels I played. It's a game I'll revisit when I want a fun game to play.
wags83

Zombie Riot - Oculus VR

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:30 pm

I have this downloaded but haven't had a chance to try it. Hopefully today.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Zombie Riot - Oculus VR

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:47 am

wags83 wrote:I have this downloaded but haven't had a chance to try it. Hopefully today.
How hopeful were you?
wags83

Zombie Riot - Oculus VR

Postby wags83 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:25 am

I played through a few levels...rounds?

It was fun. It's a very basic game. Stand in one spot and kill zombies as they come.

Two complaints that I had: First was the zombie moaning sounds. They weren't directional. I mean, it just seems to be a loop of the same sounds but doesn't indicate the direction from which the zombies are coming. I'd like to hear a zombie to my right, turn to the right, and see a zombie; rather than just hearing a loop of sounds that doesn't indicate anything.

Second, and this might have just been a glitch, but I dropped my melee weapon and I wasn't able to pick it up. It wasn't out of reach, but once it was on the ground I couldn't use it again.
Tyler
Owner

Zombie Riot - Oculus VR

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post First was the zombie moaning sounds. They weren't directional.

Omg so I'm not going crazy. I would hear the sound and spin around and see nothing. I thought maybe it was off in the distance or something. That bugged me too. One time a zombie snuck? sneaked? up on me and it scared me, but it didn't make a sound in doing so.

I didn't use the melee weapon at all so I can't comment on dropping it.

wags83 wrote:Source of the post It's a very basic game. Stand in one spot and kill zombies as they come.

I think it would make for a good introduction to VR game since there is no teleportation and something like Space Pirate Trainer is too fast paced.

Return to “Video Games”