Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Brass Tactics - Oculus VR

wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:20 am

I'm eager to play more than the first level.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Jeremy and Norm review Brass Tactics

https://youtu.be/oKYlw5VVmZU
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Shout out to Wags. We played a couple co-ops maps tonight. Got smoked on the first one on normal so switched to easy. I had to leave 1/3rd into it because of a crying kid (she was hungee in bed). When I came back Wags had over half of the map. When I left we were barely even holding one area.

I really want to try it again on Normal and not have any interruptions.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:24 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I really want to try it again on Normal and not have any interruptions.

I think we would have been OK on normal had I not broken down that wall and opened up a war on 2 fronts.

Fun game. I hadn't played anything but the first intro level so it was neat to see some of the other units and upgrades that are available to build.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 am

Sounds fun. I will play when Tyler is not. :)
Tyler
Owner

Re: Brass Tactics - Oculus VR

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:47 am

Good point about the wall, I tried warning you. Maybe on harder difficulties they knock down the walls, but they don't on easy and normal. On normal the AI never uses the catapults either.

I want to try again! It's cool that coop maps are (obviously) different than single player.
Travis

Postby Travis » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:14 pm

When I was at Tyler place last , I played this game I like it reminds me of red alert. I had same problem with lvl 6 could not pass on normal. Speaking of red alert wish they would come out with a new game , or game like it on computer
Travis

Postby Travis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post The full game required me to play through the first 2 levels, even though I beat them in the Arena free version. Instead of doing those again (I'll make Travis play through this weekend) I did a 1v1 match. I got smoked, but the guy was really helpful and game me some good tips. It's pretty cool how you can casually talk to someone you are playing against in a RTS vs having to type chat back in the day.

Well that’s nice of you that you had me play them for you. Kind of late to post this but whatever
Travis

Postby Travis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Since this game reminds me of command and conquer series , I been playing them on my computer to bad it only the campaign because there old games and don’t have online anymore. I got all the command and conquer games , 17 of them for $4:99.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Travis wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post The full game required me to play through the first 2 levels, even though I beat them in the Arena free version. Instead of doing those again (I'll make Travis play through this weekend)

Well that’s nice of you that you had me play them for you. Kind of late to post this but whatever

They changed it now so the first 3 levels are unlocked when you buy the game
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:39 pm

I thought I could play hard after winning a few normal matches over the weekend...nope. Lost within 13 minutes.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Corey played with me after TWD! Since he only has the free demo we couldn't do co-op and there was only one map for 1v1. It was Corey's first time playing ever so I tried walking him through the controls while still dominating him.

If this comes on sale on the 28th maybe I can get him or Bmyoungs to buy it with their free credit.

Cames are starting to get a little repetitive, but I'm still enjoying it. It's tough because I was getting cocky and switched to hard and got dominated. Then I went back to normal on a new map and also lost. I wonder if the 3 AI players have different strategies?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:34 am

UPDATE!
Filtered Selection which allows you to grab all of a specific unit type in a group (activated by pressing the thumbstick to the side while selecting)…

Matchmaking Skill Ranking which is used to track your success in online battles and help you match against players of similar skill…

...and now Tower Rally Points (!!!) will allow you to direct all units from a tower to a specific spot on the map when spawned. Yup, you heard that right! See below.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:49 am

Played the first time yesterday since the update. Finer control of troops is great.

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”