Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Tyler
Owner

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:15 am

Tested podcast talked about these apps this week and they are worth mentioning.

The Fortnite app isn't a watered down version of the game, it is the full game and cross platform play is possible. They obviously had to change some assets so it doesn't look as nice, but it's the full game. That is crazy that you could be playing on your phone against someone on an Xbox or PC.
Note: Invite only right now.

PUBG wasn't quite as seamless. I think their app is mostly the full game, but you can only play with other mobile users. This is also free compared to the $30 game.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:04 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
The Fortnite app isn't a watered down version of the game, it is the full game and cross platform play is possible. They obviously had to change some assets so it doesn't look as nice, but it's the full game. That is crazy that you could be playing on your phone against someone on an Xbox or PC

You will only play against PC/Xbox/PS4 user if you are in a squad with people playing on the those. If you're solo queuing or running duos/squads with other mobile players then you will only face mobile players.
Tyler
Owner

Re: PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am

Thanks for the clarification Danny.

If you are solo PC do you only play solo PC, solo Xbox only play Xbox, etc? So the only way to get into cross platform games is to be in a group with cross playform teammates? If you had quad PS you would play against quad PS only?

Does Fortnite have it's own friend system outside of Steam? It must if you can friend people from different systems?
CrckrJack

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:31 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Does Fortnite have it's own friend system outside of Steam? It must if you can friend people from different systems?

It's not on steam. It's on the EPIC launcher which is basically steam for EPIC games.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:42 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post If you are solo PC do you only play solo PC, solo Xbox only play Xbox, etc? So the only way to get into cross platform games is to be in a group with cross playform teammates? If you had quad PS you would play against quad PS only?

Yes. The way I believe it works is PC can play with any other device, but any other device can only play with PC or at least one PC in the squad. So you can't play two on Xbox and two on PS4. When you cross platform play, you will play against PC opponents.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 am

PC players must dominate all others, right?

I could hold my own in Titanfall using a controller, but I feel a mouse would greatly benefit a shooter like this
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:06 am

I've seen people playing PS4 win against people playing on PC. Building on PC is next level though.
Travis

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby Travis » Sat May 12, 2018 5:24 pm

What the hype with pub g and fortnite , is it worth me start playing or should I stick with call of duty ww 2
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby Tyler » Sat May 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Travis wrote:What the hype with pub g and fortnite , is it worth me start playing or should I stick with call of duty ww 2
Duh. Playerbase is only growing. (I play neither)
Travis

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby Travis » Sat May 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Travis wrote:What the hype with pub g and fortnite , is it worth me start playing or should I stick with call of duty ww 2

How can you say duh for me to play when you don’t play either
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Travis wrote:

How can you say duh for me to play when you don’t play either
Because Tyler is dumb

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun May 13, 2018 5:03 pm

No I'm no.

I wouldn't be caught dead playing a pancake game, but I think you should try it Travis. But seriously, I don't have enough time to get good at a competitive shooter so I'll stick to casual games.
wags83

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby wags83 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:40 am

I like the concept of these games. I would get into them if I had time.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:47 am

I love PUBG. I still play it a lot, probably like 5-6 hours a week.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed May 30, 2018 6:52 am

wags83

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby wags83 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:01 am

I wonder if there is actually a case there. Seems like a lawsuit like this could be applied to a lot of games that are just reskinned versions of older games.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby DannyFanny » Wed May 30, 2018 9:02 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I wonder if there is actually a case there. Seems like a lawsuit like this could be applied to a lot of games that are just reskinned versions of older games.

Considering H1Z1 (another BR gaming involving parachutes, the map enclosing due to danger, and finding weapons to survive) was in early access at least a full year before PUBG, I don't think they have grounds to stand on.

To me, it sounds like PUBG creators are a bunch of spoiled brats who are angry the new kid is more popular.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed May 30, 2018 9:13 am

100% agree with Danny. No way they have an actual case. You can't own game mechanics.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:26 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post 100% agree with Danny. No way they have an actual case. You can't own game mechanics.

The lawsuit is over that fortnite 'copied' items in game. Not familiar enough with fortnite to know what, because guns aren't owned by PUBG, but maybe the costume designs or the loot boxes?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

PUBG/Fortnite apps

Postby DannyFanny » Wed May 30, 2018 9:38 am

PUBG confirmed it had applied for an injunction against Epic Games Korea in January. The company is accused of copying PUBG's user interface and game items.

"Copied" items and UI. I'm not sure what the copied items are. UI's don't seem similar enough to file a lawsuit over.

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”