Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Cloudlands : VR Minigolf

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:50 am

4 of us got this during the Oculus sale since we had free credit. Bmyoungs, Corey, and myself played it last night.

I think the game is a lot of fun, but I'm surprised to see it 9/10 on steam. I was disappointed with the base game only have 18 holes (that I could see), but there is a community library that you can download more holes from.

When we played most of the holes were your typical 5 or under Par minigolf holes, but there would be the occasional 40+ hole that completely threw everyone off and made scores almost pointless. It was great.

I won the first 18, I think bmyoungs won the next 2 sets.

bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:00 am

It was fun! Great for my short game. I'd like to try more user holes since we played a lot of overly simple ones, since I was slow to download.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Cloudlands : VR Minigolf

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:11 am

I made Huss buss x2, wags, and my dad play 4 player multiplayer with my dad's windows headset. They all had fun.

I also learned a new button command. Clicking the trigger teleports you right to the ball vs having to find it and manually teleporting.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:16 am

Tyler wrote:I made Huss buss x2, wags, and my dad play 4 player multiplayer with my dad's windows headset. They all had fun.

I also learned a new button command. Clicking the trigger teleports you right to the ball vs having to find it and manually teleporting.
Oh you guys didn't know that!?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Cloudlands : VR Minigolf

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:31 am

bmyoungs wrote:Oh you guys didn't know that!?

I somehow didn't have to play the tutorial the other day when we played so I missed that. When I set it up last night for my dad I played through it though.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Have it be known that I won by a lot.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:15 am

Brad and I played a random set of user created 18 holes. We are favoriting the good ones so we can build up a list of holes we can choose from.

The game was being pretty glitchy and I'm glad it was for both of us, not just me. It was auto teleporting you to the ball, which it never did before. I was also missing the ball a lot whenever I was swining because my playspace was jumping all over.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:26 am

Tyler wrote:Brad and I played a random set of user created 18 holes. We are favoriting the good ones so we can build up a list of holes we can choose from.

The game was being pretty glitchy and I'm glad it was for both of us, not just me. It was auto teleporting you to the ball, which it never did before. I was also missing the ball a lot whenever I was swining because my playspace was jumping all over.
I have never felt as motion sick as that in VR. It was bouncy as hell and since I only have two sensors it was jittery whenever I was out of sight. Guess this fall I'll have to pick up another sensor. I hope they fix the issues because it is a fun game, I'd also love more than the 18 standard holes since it seems like not many user generated ones exist

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:09 am

From the thread I made on Reddit:
So I thought it was auto teleporting you to the ball as well, but figured out that it's not actually auto teleporting you. When you pull the right trigger it snaps you to the ball. But for some reason you don't actually have to pull the trigger to snap. Since the trigger is capacitive, it detects your finger resting on the trigger as an actual trigger pull. Very annoying and the dev needs to fix it so that you just have to pull the trigger and not touch it. For now, just keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to snap to the ball.
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:40 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post From the thread I made on Reddit:
So I thought it was auto teleporting you to the ball as well, but figured out that it's not actually auto teleporting you. When you pull the right trigger it snaps you to the ball. But for some reason you don't actually have to pull the trigger to snap. Since the trigger is capacitive, it detects your finger resting on the trigger as an actual trigger pull. Very annoying and the dev needs to fix it so that you just have to pull the trigger and not touch it. For now, just keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to snap to the ball.

:o
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:41 pm

That is very dumb but makes sense why it wasn't consistent

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Cloudlands : VR Minigolf

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:54 pm

bmyoungs wrote:That is very dumb but makes sense why it wasn't consistent

I want to play again and test the theory. It is a good reason tho, but I'm not convinced.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I want to play again and test the theory. It is a good reason tho, but I'm not convinced.

I'm convinced. Game played fine if you didn't touch the trigger. Good workaround, but this needs addressed.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Cloudlands : VR Minigolf

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Doing a mini golf tournament today. VR has paid off. I've gotten a hole in one and lowest on the team for a few holes.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Tyler wrote:Doing a mini golf tournament today. VR has paid off. I've gotten a hole in one and lowest on the team for a few holes.
You can PayPal me for the private lessons

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”