Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Mon May 28, 2018 2:08 pm

SS score on a hard song. That is the highest it goes. I am ranked 752nd on $100 Bills.

Wilkins got his Rift today so someone is going to be gunning for my scores.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Mon May 28, 2018 9:39 pm

Just because I'm a d1k4 and know Wilkins will be playing more, I went and got 100% on all Hard songs. Got at least an S on all of them but the 10th one. I'll get Balearic Pumping this week.
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1620
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Corey » Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 pm

I bought this because I wanted to play while glass was playing. I can now pass hard songs!
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Mon May 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Corey wrote:Source of the post I bought this because I wanted to play while glass was playing. I can now pass hard songs!

I have never seen you playing while I was playing! I haven't even noticed your name on the in-game score system.

Wilkins is already passing some expert songs. I am worried about him.

Why did you buy on Steam vs Oculus? I only buy on Steam so I can share with you guys, but I heard you Oculus store games work "better" than Steam games somehow.
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1620
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Corey » Mon May 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Corey wrote:Source of the post I bought this because I wanted to play while glass was playing. I can now pass hard songs!

I have never seen you playing while I was playing! I haven't even noticed your name on the in-game score system.

Wilkins is already passing some expert songs. I am worried about him.

Why did you buy on Steam vs Oculus? I only buy on Steam so I can share with you guys, but I heard you Oculus store games work "better" than Steam games somehow.

Idk! So I could see your scores?
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Mon May 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Corey wrote:Source of the post Idk! So I could see your scores?

That's fair....expect I am a weirdo and keeping track of all of them manually!
Durr I'm dum
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1620
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Corey » Mon May 28, 2018 10:03 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Corey wrote:Source of the post Idk! So I could see your scores?

That's fair....expect I am a weirdo and keeping track of all of them manually!
Durr I'm dum

Can you see Oculus scores or would we have to go put them in the spreadsheet?
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 pm

Corey wrote:Source of the post Can you see Oculus scores or would we have to go put them in the spreadsheet?

Oculus store and Steam in-game leader boards can not see each other, that is one of the reasons why I started the excel, so Brad/Sarah can see our scores. The 2nd was I thought the wives might get into the game and then they could track their own scores as well, since "SwassGlass" could be either one of us via the in-game rankings. but it turns out none of them care after playing it once or twice anywho.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Tue May 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Crckrjack and Wilkins are making this a part time job to stay at #1. I had to take 4 scores back tonight. Got my first 100% on Expert, but only an A.

I'm still updating my stats here
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:46 am

I had a high score for like 5 min.
User avatar
CrckrJack
Posts: 1837
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby CrckrJack » Wed May 30, 2018 3:33 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I had a high score for like 5 min.

I felt so bad for you chris. I had never beated that song on expert before and since you beat Tyler's score i HAD to beat it. So i did and then tyler finally got to replay the song since he beat it his first time and then he WHOMPED me
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Wed May 30, 2018 9:18 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I felt so bad for you chris. I had never beated that song on expert before and since you beat Tyler's score i HAD to beat it. So i did and then tyler finally got to replay the song since he beat it his first time and then he WHOMPED me

He passed one of the hardest songs on expert after owning VR for 1/4th of a day. Don't feel bad for him because he will be taking all of our scores soon.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 10586
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby wags83 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:46 am

I caved and bought this last night. Played through a few songs. Easy was too easy and even normal was pretty easy. Hard is when it started to get pretty fun. I haven't tried anything on expert yet.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:40 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I felt so bad for you chris. I had never beated that song on expert before and since you beat Tyler's score i HAD to beat it. So i did and then tyler finally got to replay the song since he beat it his first time and then he WHOMPED me

He passed one of the hardest songs on expert after owning VR for 1/4th of a day. Don't feel bad for him because he will be taking all of our scores soon.


Yeah, if Janelle stops making me do stuff at home! geesh, the nerve of that woman.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Thu May 31, 2018 9:25 am

wags83 wrote:I caved and bought this last night. Played through a few songs. Easy was too easy and even normal was pretty easy. Hard is when it started to get pretty fun. I haven't tried anything on expert yet.
Don't get frustrated when Expert seems impossible the first couple of times. Stick to hard for awhile tho and get good at some of those. Show off skipping the first 2 levels of difficulty.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Played some of the top rated custom songs tonight. Gangnam style was really fun and clever.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:26 pm

bmyoungs, did you add any new scores to the leaderboards after playing all night? Since you are on Oculus we can't see yours
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1620
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Corey » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post bmyoungs, did you add any new scores to the leaderboards after playing all night? Since you are on Oculus we can't see yours

He's waiting to post his winning scores until Monday so they can last a week.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27240
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Corey wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post bmyoungs, did you add any new scores to the leaderboards after playing all night? Since you are on Oculus we can't see yours

He's waiting to post his winning scores until Monday so they can last a week.
I'll buy a PC and Rift out in California just to get the title back
User avatar
kyle
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:27 pm
Contact:

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby kyle » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Played this for the first time at Wags house last night. I'm addicted! Damnit now I REALLY need to get VR hahaha

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest