Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:55 pm

CPT Scoreboard

This made the rounds on reddit a few months ago. Out May 1st. Around $20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1sw4lfwFw
Donomoto

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Donomoto » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:15 am

I'm planning on grabbing it right when it releases. It looks like a great game to get people to play for as little as a few minutes at a time in VR. And just totally fun in general.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:26 am

Donomoto wrote:I'm planning on grabbing it right when it releases. It looks like a great game to get people to play for as little as a few minutes at a time in VR. And just totally fun in general.
Totally agree on both things. I'll be buying day one for sure and it seems like a really great demo game.

I had some friends over recently that never played VR. He didn't want a shooting game and Job Simulator didn't seem like a good fit either, this would have been great.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:54 am

Out tomorrow. I'll be buying as soon as I can and making Jocelyn try it tomorrow night.
bmyoungs

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:57 pm

Tyler wrote:Out tomorrow. I'll be buying as soon as I can and making Jocelyn try it tomorrow night.
I think I'll get this also. It looks cool

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Tue May 01, 2018 8:33 pm

HYPE
This game is really really fun. Jocelyn loves it and will actually be wanting to play VR because of it, verses me making her play a game. Only 10 songs, but most of them are super banging.

It's pretty easy to pick up, but it's going to be hard to master some of the expert songs.

This automatically became a most own game for VR. Hundreds of reviews on Steam after just one day and 99% rating. The only 2 negative reviews are someone complaining about not enough songs and someone saying "this is a good game, stop looking for bad reviews"

I may be putting my VR sweat cover on for this game...
bmyoungs

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby bmyoungs » Tue May 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Tyler wrote:HYPE
This game is really really fun. Jocelyn loves it and will actually be wanting to play VR because of it, verses me making her play a game. Only 10 songs, but most of them are super banging.

It's pretty easy to pick up, but it's going to be hard to master some of the expert songs.

This automatically became a most own game for VR. Hundreds of reviews on Steam after just one day and 99% rating. The only 2 negative reviews are someone complaining about not enough songs and someone saying "this is a good game, stop looking for bad reviews"

I may be putting my VR sweat cover on for this game...
I'm excited to try it.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon May 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Dev is releasing level creator this firday. I won't make any, but will download some if possible. Not sure how they get around music rights.

Sarah, did you beat any of our scores?!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon May 07, 2018 8:17 pm

This game is so much fun! Just to change things up I played left hand only mode. My arm is going to fall off. I'm upset that more people have tried it.
Tyler
Owner

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Tue May 08, 2018 6:49 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Dev is releasing level creator this firday. I won't make any, but will download some if possible. Not sure how they get around music rights.

People are crazy. Even without the developer releasing a friendly tool they have found a way to make levels and import them. I will be adding Take On Me. Link shows how to do it in the comments
Link

https://youtu.be/R-O1_jOWhj8
wags83

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby wags83 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:26 am

I need to play this. I was so close to buying it the other day but I have a lot of games I already own that I haven't put much time into.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Tue May 08, 2018 8:47 am

wags83 wrote:I need to play this. I was so close to buying it the other day but I have a lot of games I already own that I haven't put much time into.
This is an easy one to pick up and play for 30 minutes while you're waiting for Erin to get out of the shower so you can watch TV together.

Brass Tactics is hard to do that since games range from 20-90 minutes.
Tyler
Owner

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Wed May 09, 2018 6:49 am

Feddersen and I were playing Catan on Go last night and talking via an Oculus Party. Jocelyn got into Beat Saber and we could hear her screaming while playing. She couldn't hear us over the music of the game though. She was excited for passing her first Expert level....so I had to play after her and beat her score. We both got C's, but my points were a little higher.

If Brad doesn't refund and get on Steam we may need to start tracking scores on here or a Google Doc. That would be nice because then Jocelyn and I wouldn't be confused who scored what on my system.
Tyler
Owner

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Thu May 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Added this to the first post as well.
CPT Scoreboard

This will allow us to track scores, especially if spouses want to play on the same account. Note: There is only a count of how many notes you got right immediately after the song, this isn't something you can go back later and see.

I just passed Legend on Expert. Got 286/289 notes. I missed 3 notes out of the last 7. Ended up with a C score. What?!

Is it worth tracking Normal?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I missed 3 notes out of the last 7. Ended up with a C score. What?!

Math adds up. stop being bad.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu May 10, 2018 8:11 pm

My mom is playing now. "this is actually fun"

And I think maybe you can see your notes on a high score. I need look again.

Edit. Nvm. It shows max combo from that score.
bmyoungs

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby bmyoungs » Thu May 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Tyler wrote:Added this to the first post as well.
CPT Scoreboard

This will allow us to track scores, especially if spouses want to play on the same account. Note: There is only a count of how many notes you got right immediately after the song, this isn't something you can go back later and see.

I just passed Legend on Expert. Got 286/289 notes. I missed 3 notes out of the last 7. Ended up with a C score. What?!

Is it worth tracking Normal?
Dayum I gotta just skip straight to expert. Yes normal is too easy hard was fun though. Legend was a C with only 2 misses on hard must track something else too?

Tyler
Owner

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Thu May 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Thanks for adding scores brad!! This will be fun to compete and eventually ask for proof when I get mad at you winning.

I agree, probably no sense in tracking Normal.

My mom is playing again. She can't wait to play it on my dad's VR at home.
Tyler
Owner

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Fri May 11, 2018 10:47 pm

My mom played some more tonight. She said she wants to play it on my dad's when she gets back home. I would be so happy if she actually does.

After my family went to bed early I spent 20 minutes going though and claiming 1st on empty spots. There were 3-4 songs I played for the very first time.

I also deleted Normal
CPT Scoreboard
Tyler
Owner

Beat Saber (VR) - May 1

Postby Tyler » Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Very sore from building the shed, but was able to get 1 more expert title with a D score.

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”