Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Red Matter - VR

Tyler
Owner

Red Matter - VR

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:08 am

New game my podcast guys are raving about. They claim it's worth every penny even tho it's 3-4 hours. Lone Echo was cheaper and was like 10 hours tho.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift ... 701628540/
Tyler
Owner

Re: Red Matter - VR

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Normally $35, on sale for $25. I bought. I want another break from short experiences and want a longer story.
Tyler
Owner

Red Matter - VR

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Played just under an hour tonight. This game is top 3 best visual VR games I've played. The textures on the space rocks is insane. The game is mostly a puzzle, but it does a good job of making the puzzle feel natural to the world. There is some kind of sci-fi mystery going on (a lot like Lone Echo), but I haven't seen much of that. Some of the game was spooky and I was ready to rip the headset off. I don't think it is a horror game at all, I am just a baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZDeHz82qEY
Tyler
Owner

Red Matter - VR

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:56 pm

I am really enjoying this game and fear I am half way done with it already. I haven't had to look up any of the puzzles online yet. It was very rewarding figuring some out because they make you feel like a frickin genius. I'm enjoying the gameplay of this more than Lone Echo and a lot of people praise that as the best VR game to date.

Location is this game is interesting. When VR first came out teleportation and then roomscale was the big method. A lot of games now offer full locationmation. The teleportation on this game doesn't instantly bring you to a spot like Rec Room, but instead when you pick a node to teleport to it shows you jumping and landing to that spot. Since this is a space game there is low gravity so it is a slow animation instantly of quickly flashing to a new spot.

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”