Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Dead Effect 2 VR

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Dead Effect 2 VR

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:04 am

This game was made into VR after the fact, but it works pretty well. It has the worse voice acting in the entire world and I've skipped the story line so far, but its fun to play.

You are in a lab in space and zombies are there. Also soldiers, and your job is to kill them. Enough said.

You get bows, swords, assault rifles etc, but you also get abilities, which I haven't quite figured out how to use efficiently.

Game is scary, because you 'holster' weapons at your side, instead of just tapping a button to switch and so it gets harder to control. I also mess up sometimes putting the bow in the wrong hand, causing the other to pull the draw string. However, I'm getting better at that.

Killing is fun, excited to get into it more. Had to stop last night though because of the motion sickness. I actually felt like vomiting for about a half hour. You can also teleport which limits that, but when action is happening, you have to use the slide movements.
wags83

Dead Effect 2 VR

Postby wags83 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:10 am

Sounds fun! Is it single player only?
Tyler
Owner

Re: Dead Effect 2 VR

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:14 am

Motion sickness still can happen to me with full locomotion. It takes awhile to be okay moving your entire body with a thumbstick.

This is not the game I thought it was. I was getting Dead Effect, Mass Effect, and Dead Space confused. I 100% thought this VR game was in space and was so confused why you would be using a bow.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Dead Effect 2 VR

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:16 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Motion sickness still can happen to me with full locomotion. It takes awhile to be okay moving your entire body with a thumbstick.

This is not the game I thought it was. I was getting Dead Effect, Mass Effect, and Dead Space confused. I 100% thought this VR game was in space and was so confused why you would be using a bow.

Maybe its in space, who knows. I haven't paid enough attention to the storyline to know :)

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”