Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Diner Bros

kyle

Diner Bros

Postby kyle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:15 am

Have you guys heard of Diner Bros? It's another game on Steam that is pretty much a rip off of Overcooked, except in this one you keep the same restaurant and slowly upgrade it adding more food, more tables, etc. You actually have to take customers orders and bring it to them as well. Worth a look!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/846800/Diner_Bros/
Tyler
Owner

Re: Diner Bros

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:31 am

Thanks! Never seen this. Buying and probably playing tonight. We told my little brother in law we wouldn't play Overcook 2 without him, so this will give us something to play while we wait
kyle

Diner Bros

Postby kyle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:55 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Thanks! Never seen this. Buying and probably playing tonight. We told my little brother in law we wouldn't play Overcook 2 without him, so this will give us something to play while we wait

Good work making it into it's own thread. I didn't know you could do that lol. But yeah give it a go!
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Diner Bros

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:45 am

kyle wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Thanks! Never seen this. Buying and probably playing tonight. We told my little brother in law we wouldn't play Overcook 2 without him, so this will give us something to play while we wait

Good work making it into it's own thread. I didn't know you could do that lol. But yeah give it a go!
I can do it from the mobile app even! Super admin!
Tyler
Owner

Diner Bros

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:12 am

We played a couple hours last night and Jocelyn said she likes it more than Overcooked.

The games are very similar. Diner Duo ripped off, I mean, was inspired by Overcooks mechanics and design, but Diner Duo is more "simulation". One of the players has to wait tables, deliver food, get drinks, clean tables, etc. The game is Overcooked + Vr Diner Duo - VR. Without talking about strategy ever, I've always played as the waiter and Jocelyn has always played in the kitchen. At this point I'm scared to try the kitchen because we have found our rhythm. It's fun to upgrade the restaurant and skills as you play by spending the money you earn.
kyle

Diner Bros

Postby kyle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post It's fun to upgrade the restaurant and skills as you play by spending the money you earn.

Yeah that's definitely my favorite part. It starts getting really hard later on with a bunch of stuff to make in the kitchen!
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Diner Bros

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:43 am

kyle wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post It's fun to upgrade the restaurant and skills as you play by spending the money you earn.

Yeah that's definitely my favorite part. It starts getting really hard later on with a bunch of stuff to make in the kitchen!
Have you played with more than 2? In overcooked if you had more players the score to get the stars goes up. I assume this is the same. If you have 3 players do more customers come in?
kyle

Diner Bros

Postby kyle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
kyle wrote:

Have you played with more than 2? In overcooked if you had more players the score to get the stars goes up. I assume this is the same. If you have 3 players do more customers come in?

Yeah i believe so. We played with 4 players and it was super hectic but that made it a lot of fun!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 am

The kitchen seems so small for 3 players! Assuming 2 stays as waiter, or do you need 2? There isn't enough space on the counter for just 1 cook and 1 waiter
kyle

Diner Bros

Postby kyle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post The kitchen seems so small for 3 players! Assuming 2 stays as waiter, or do you need 2? There isn't enough space on the counter for just 1 cook and 1 waiter

Idk maybe the size changes with more players? We only played with 4 so i'm not sure hahaha
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Diner Bros

Postby Huss Buss » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post We played a couple hours last night and Jocelyn said she likes it more than Overcooked.

The games are very similar. Diner Duo ripped off, I mean, was inspired by Overcooks mechanics and design, but Diner Duo is more "simulation". One of the players has to wait tables, deliver food, get drinks, clean tables, etc. The game is Overcooked + Vr Diner Duo - VR. Without talking about strategy ever, I've always played as the waiter and Jocelyn has always played in the kitchen. At this point I'm scared to try the kitchen because we have found our rhythm. It's fun to upgrade the restaurant and skills as you play by spending the money you earn.

time to start up your own family restaurant! in the real world
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Is there any way not to have the fashion diva throw the food?

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”