Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Gallery - VR

Tyler
Owner

The Gallery - VR

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:38 am

I think this will be the next VR game I get. Episode 1 and 2 are on sale right now and you get a bigger discount if you buy them together. They are making a 3rd (and final?) one.

Your missing sister, an ancient machine, and a sinister presence await in this first chapter of The Gallery, the groundbreaking built-for-VR adventure series inspired by dark 80’s fantasy films. Join the VR adventure, and answer the Call of the Starseed.

In total, I think the 2 episodes are 5+ hours. I'm okay with $22 for 5 hours of AAA VR. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is not knowing when episode 3 will come out and knowing that when it does it will be $30
Tyler
Owner

The Gallery - VR

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:31 pm

Started Episode 1 tonight and I'm hooked. This grabbed me right away, whereas Xing's slow puzzles didn't. I think this will be very similar to Red Matter, which I loved.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Gallery - VR

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 am

Been thinking about this game all morning, can't wait to play more. The game has probably one of the coolest inventory mechanics I've seen because it makes so much logical sense.

To add something to your inventory you drop it behind your back into the open backpack, to open the inventory you grab the backpack behind you and bring it to your front, to take an item out you select it and reach in and grab. It's very well done.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Gallery - VR

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:12 pm

Beat episode 1 tonight. I really liked it, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price of $20-25. It took me 75 minutes to beat. Based on what I read online, this seems abnormally fast. Average is 2 hours. I must just be really good at puzzles. Easy game to recommend to someone mooching off my library.

Be warned though, this game could be called a walking simulator. There is maybe 3-4 puzzles, otherwise its light exploration. The last 5-10 minutes is a monologue too.

I'm looking forward to starting Episode 2 regardless of my criticism. Backpack mechanics rule!
Tyler
Owner

The Gallery - VR

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:00 am

Started episode 2 last night. It's not hooking me as hard as the first one did. The game transitions into hard science fiction. I still have my backpack though! Once I start putting things in that I'll be engaged again.

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”