Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Orbus VR

kyle

Orbus VR

Postby kyle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:41 am

Orbus VR

Orbus VR is an Online Massively Multiplayer Roleplaying Game (MMORPG). It is one of the few MMO's that I could find currently released for VR. Although the graphics are not the best, the gameplay is rather innovative. I've only played it for a little over an hour but the different classes all have a unique feel to them. The warrior is based off swing direction combos, while the archer has different arrow types. The musketeer is a sort of healer/dps hybrid that puts orb muskets into their gun to use their abilities. Probably the most interesting class in my opinion is the rune mage. The rune mage has to draw runes in the air with their wand to cast spells. There is a spell list but you have to memorize the different runes as the spells are not readily accessible while in combat. (I mean you could take out your book and try to read it while you're fighting but you'll probably die before you can get to the right page lol)

If you are a fan of MMO's and have a compatible VR system i suggest giving this game a go :)
Tyler
Owner

Re: Orbus VR

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:35 pm

I never allowed myself to get into RPG gaming, but I have looked into this. I just know I won't dedicate enough time to it so i would rather stick with shorter experiences

Is the game officially out or still Beta/early access? Crckrjack looked into getting it but I don't think he did.
kyle

Orbus VR

Postby kyle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I never allowed myself to get into RPG gaming, but I have looked into this. I just know I won't dedicate enough time to it so i would rather stick with shorter experiences

Is the game officially out or still Beta/early access? Crckrjack looked into getting it but I don't think he did.

Looks like it's still in early access from the steam page
kyle

Orbus VR

Postby kyle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 am

Played some more of this. It's really quite enjoyable. Unlocked the Rune Mage class and it's really hard to cast spells. You have to draw the runes in the air, in 3d space, almost perfectly in order to get your spell ready. So half the time I was just sitting there drawing the symbol over and over and over until I finally go a spell ready then cast it. Maybe Runemage isnt the class for me...

They are also apparently adding a huge update with 4 more classes, and a complete overhaul to the graphics system + new areas before april. They are adding a Shaman class which uses totems, a Paladin class which charges energy by taking damage then uses it to power up his attacks, and a bard class which plays a marimba to buff/heal/deal damage, and the fourth class has yet to be revealed.
Tyler
Owner

Orbus VR

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:46 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post I was just sitting there drawing the symbol over and over and over until I finally go a spell ready then cast it. Maybe Runemage isnt the class for me...

Maybe it's like Beat Saber where you think it's impossible at first, but the more you play the easier it becomes

kyle wrote:Source of the post They are also apparently adding a huge update with 4 more classes, and a complete overhaul to the graphics system + new areas before april. They are adding a Shaman class which uses totems, a Paladin class which charges energy by taking damage then uses it to power up his attacks, and a bard class which plays a marimba to buff/heal/deal damage, and the fourth class has yet to be revealed.

Will this be a 1.0 release?
kyle

Orbus VR

Postby kyle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:47 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post They are also apparently adding a huge update with 4 more classes, and a complete overhaul to the graphics system + new areas before april. They are adding a Shaman class which uses totems, a Paladin class which charges energy by taking damage then uses it to power up his attacks, and a bard class which plays a marimba to buff/heal/deal damage, and the fourth class has yet to be revealed.

Will this be a 1.0 release?[/quote]
https://orbusvr.com/reborn
According to this it's the first "Expansion"? Which doesn't make sense if the game is still in "Early Access"....
Tyler
Owner

Re: Orbus VR

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:10 am

Worst quote of the day goes to....
kyle

Orbus VR

Postby kyle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Worst quote of the day goes to....

Why it break D:

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”