Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

"wow moments" you've had in VR

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:13 am

I like seeing Kyle go through the VR honeymoon stage we did 18 months ago. What are some of "wow moments" you had in VR? I'm in the order I experienced them

1) the SteamVR demo with the balloon animals
2) HHH. Crawling around on the floor picking up shotgun shells I dropped and loading them one at a time
3)trying to set my controllers on a VR table in Rick and Morty and them falling to the ground...twice
4) the arm/hand details in Lone Echo. Touching your wrist IRL to open th menu
5) the mortars shooting up into the air on Brass Tactics. Great 3D effect
wags83

Too "wow moments" you've had in VR

Postby wags83 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post trying to set my controllers on a VR table in Rick and Morty and them falling to the ground...twice

I can't remember which game it was, but I've done this.

I enjoyed in Rec Room Quest when we were all huddled in that little shack trying to take cover while also trying to shoot the bad guys that were outside. Probably looked ridiculous if someone could have seen me rolling/crawling around on the floor and shouting.
wags83

Too "wow moments" you've had in VR

Postby wags83 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:23 am

Oh, and Batman Arkham VR. That was one of the first VR games I played. Being on the top of a building looking down at the city was pretty awesome.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:09 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I enjoyed in Rec Room Quest when we were all huddled in that little shack trying to take cover while also trying to shoot the bad guys that were outside. Probably looked ridiculous if someone could have seen me rolling/crawling around on the floor and shouting.

That was great. Never had as hectic of an experience since then
wags83 wrote:Source of the post Oh, and Batman Arkham VR. That was one of the first VR games I played. Being on the top of a building looking down at the city was pretty awesome.

More impressive to me was how the game messed with scale at the beginning so you felt like a little kid when the person who gunned down your parents leaned down into your face
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Playing the forest and having literally any idea there were cannibals. I was making a house in the dark and rain and I turned around and it was just staring. I screamed real bad

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:03 pm

First time climbing a mountain in The Climb and actually feeling like the view was worth the climb.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
kyle

Postby kyle » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:32 pm

So far the things that have really sold the oculus for me are:

1. Lone Echo: When you first open up the visor to space and it feels like you're really there. It took my breath away.
2. Red Matter: The first time you have a otherworldly experience and the space guy is staring at you. It scared the shit out of me but was really cool.
3. Orbus VR: Doing a long quest line to get the ability to become a mage. Some higher level guys helped me through it then taught me how to draw spells with my wand. It was super cool and felt like being in the virtual world really brings out a social aspect you dont quite get in games anymore... It's hard to describe, but maybe just feeling more like you're actually there, and having your voice chat always on kind of forces you into social situations with others and it just feels really good. I haven't actually tried VR chat but I assume it's a similar feeling!

I've been super busy lately so I haven't had the chance to play any other VR games but i'm still excited to try new ones out and finish the ones i have started!
tylersucks

Postby tylersucks » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:53 am

My first WOW moment in VR.....
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:39 pm

lol

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”