Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Fisherman's Tale (VR)

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:47 pm

As mentioned in this thread

I bought it. On sale right now.

Bend and twist reality in A Fisherman's Tale, the mind-bending VR puzzle adventure game in which being turned upside down and inside out is not merely a play on words.

Playing as Bob, a tiny fisherman puppet, you live alone in your tiny cabin, oblivious to the world outside. When your radio broadcasts a storm alert, you have to get to the top of the lighthouse and turn on the light! But as you try to leave your cabin with the help of some uncanny sidekicks, you realize what's waiting outside is not at all what you expected...

Break more than a couple laws of physics in mind-bending VR puzzles!
Make it to the top of the lighthouse before The Big Storm, with the help of some uncanny sidekicks!
Use your hands to pick up, throw, combine, and use all kinds of things in glorious fully immersive virtual reality!
Toy around with your tiny little model lighthouse, inside a lighthouse, inside a... is that another lighthouse?
Uncover the truth at the core of an unusually tall Fisherman's Tale, exclusively in VR.

Brought to you by Vertigo Games, the team behind Arizona Sunshine and Skyworld, A Fisherman's Tale is developed by INNERSPACE VR in co-production with ARTE France with the support of CNC, Ville de Paris New Media Fund and BPI France.
kyle

Postby kyle » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:34 pm

Looks neat. I'll pick it up :)
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Fisherman's Tale (VR)

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:45 pm

VR podcast is loving this game. They said it's a no brainier at $15. I'll for sure pick it up.

Kyle, how was it?
kyle

Postby kyle » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:51 am

So i tried it out earlier this week. It doesnt feel like it's going to be a very long game from what I can tell but the puzzles are super neat. Because you're a puppet that can look down into the scale model house, and see YOURSELF most the puzzles involve finding things inside the scale house and taking them out, or vice versa. This makes the thing either REALLY BIG, or when u take it out - just the right size. At one point i was stuck and didnt realize you need to actually destroy part of the scale house to advance!

I highly suggest playing this game :D
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:02 pm

My podcast said it was about 2 hours if you take your time. I think I want to make Jocelyn try it before I get into it. I'm very excited to play it and mess around with the scale of the worlds.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:02 pm

Started this today. I went into it with really high expectations and those are being met so far. I only did the prologue and chapter 1 and it took just over 20 minutes. I think there are 6 chapters?
kyle

Postby kyle » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:26 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Started this today. I went into it with really high expectations and those are being met so far. I only did the prologue and chapter 1 and it took just over 20 minutes. I think there are 6 chapters?

Sounds right. Like I said it's not a super long game, but very unique and fun!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:18 pm

I'm still chipping away at this. Just doing a chapter at a time because I want to make the game last. At the end of every 10-15 minute chapter I think they found the last way to use the nesting Russian doll level design but the next level introduces a new mechanic that is only possible because of VR.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 pm

93 minutes for me to beat it. Puzzles were never too hard, but I had verbal clues on too. I loved the mechanic, but the last level wasn't as creative I thought, they just added mirrored actions.

Overall good game and I don't see anyone here playing it besides Kyle and me.

Return to “Video Games and VR/AR”